Marijuana---Is It That Bad?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Valid point Elsewhere , as I mentioned before there are already substance abuse problems placed in society that we have to deal with,

why add another ?

Lets face it if you make pot cheaper and it will if it goes directly into the free market place and make it accessible to a greater portion of the population

your definitely going see people with pot problems and that in essence really effects us all.

If you can't handle it, leave it for those of us who can!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

It's not bad, not bad at all.

Well sometimes it's not good, but that is just crap weed and disapointing. But what can you, call the BBB? Find another dealer.

lisa

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Well if you leave it to the individual your going to get various opinions.

Personally if the only pot that you could smoke was that cheap mild stuff we all smoked years a go, I'd say legalize it .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> why add another ?

Simple: Encourage people to use the less harmful substance and decrease the use of the more harmful substance. (This is why Alcohol and Tobacco companies provide about 80% of the money for the "say no to pot" campaign... they would lose a massive amount of business and money if pot were legal.)

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

It should be noted that the biggest issue with pot in BC is export to the US where it's more illegal. Again, stricter regs won't fix that situation. Hell, I've been seeing BC bud here for over a decade (which btw is cheap nasty crap. Think a good microbrew vs Budweiser)

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Off to partake

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Again, stricter regs won't fix that situation.

The reason why the pot industry grew and flourished here is because of the weak and lenient laws in all of north America.

The courts were under pressure to lower the penalties for trafficking and possession and this resulted in this now hugely illegal

under ground market, with dangerous gangs handling most of the pot. Its unusual for a law to be instituted that in actuality goes in support of the crime,

but thats exactly what happened.

• readyornot
    readyornot

Alcohol was illegal at one time, does that make it bad? I might have stayed in the Borg much longer if I hadn't started smoking pot. It's always helped me with reflection. I've made some of my best decisions high. Sometimes I smoke everyday, sometimes I go weeks or months without it.

Personally, the last thing I want is the government to start regulating and taxing my weed. Price will go up, quality will go down...

I live in Canada, and I think it isn't viewed as critically here. Legalizing it would significantly decrease the amount of drug related crime that happens. The dealers here trade it across the border for the harder stuff. Pound for pound. There are also medicinal growers here, and you can get a prescription from your Dr. for medicinal weed. Compassionate Care they call it, and it's used to treat cancer, arthritis patients and others who suffer from chronic pain.

The world would be a calmer place if everyone smoked a bowl once in awhile.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

(which btw is cheap nasty crap. Think a good microbrew vs Budweiser)

Thats true its all on who growing the stuff, how its grown and what seeds are being used and when its harvested. ... etc . etc.

There is an artful science in growing really good pot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit