Marijuana---Is It That Bad?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Actually marijuana is not addictive.

Apparently, not everyone agrees: http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The Feds say they won't prosecute any more people getting med MJ in states that allow it.

The Hopium of the people!

• JWoods
    JWoods

I was told by someone in the legal profession (DA side of things) that one big roadblock in the way of legalization of marijuana is that it is relatively difficult to test the relative sobriety of someone who is driving while high. Where alcohol provides a pretty straightforward BAC level, pot contains a number of different substances which affect different people in different ways.

And let's just get one thing perfectly clear for the benefit of AE and apologist others - the Watchtower Society has NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER disfellowshipping people for smoking pot - no more than they have any credible reason to disfellowship people for growing tobacco or smoking cigarettes. It is not scriptural, and it is none of their goddammed business. And that business about "druggery is demonism" is so over the top that they would be far better off to just say - we made up this law because we are the GB and forget about cooking up a bible reason.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ah yes, the root words pharmakeia, has a meaning of witchcraft. Of course the root meaning may not be the accuarate meaning of what the words meant in the context.

• dinah
    dinah

You would think if someone couldn't pass a field sobriety test, that would be enough of a measurement.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You would think if someone couldn't pass a field sobriety test, that would be enough of a measurement.

LOL. Good point. Police will always want MORE ways to arrest people. So even if someone passes a sobriety test, if they fail at a breath or urine, they can still prosecute.

However, I'm not sure I have a problem with it in the firs tplace... I have no sympathy for people who put other people's lives in danger.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Good enough reason to stop them from driving, but the guy was explaining the legality of getting a conviction. However, I have heard other opinions from people who were in the biochemical field.

I personally also think that the time has long been past for legalizing marijuana.

• GermanXJW
  • trueblue
    trueblue

From what I remember from drug class in Jr. High school is that all drugs are addictive and are classified as two different addictions ( physical addiction meaning your body craves the desire for it and mental addiction meaning you think you have to have it.)

• trueblue
    trueblue

Oh ya! and MJ is cassified as a mental addiction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit