Marijuana---Is It That Bad?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've never smoked tobacco or a joint in my life! I know some regular pot smokers and they're pretty cool people. They typically say pot is better than alcohol and that it should be completely legal. The Feds are seemingly backing off some marijuana prosecution too. Overall, it seems that a lot of people smoke and it's no big deal.

What's your opinion of marijuana? Should a person get into trouble for having a small amount of pot on their person? Should it be legal?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I experimented a little but it wasn't for me. I feel it should be legalized and then taxed. Just like alcohol. I'd much rather be around someone who is high. I don't have a problem with others smoking as long as they are handling their business in life. You know, work, pay bills, be a responsible person, etc...

• watson
    watson

Where's our naughty librarian when we need her??

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I agree... so long as people are able to keep things together, hold their job and pay their bills, I see nothing wrong with it.

Hell, even an addiction to religion can hinder one's ability to function properly at work. Shall we make religion illegal?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I think it should be subject to the same regulation as alcohol. It's similar in effect, but without the hangover!

Believe me, if the government can find a way to make money off it like it does alcohol, sugar and tobacco, they'll legalize it..or at least decriminalize it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If we end the War on Drugs, we could use those Federal employees to wage the War on Obesity and maybe even the War on Ugly.

I need to go hide.

• minimus
    minimus

Remember the movie Reefer Madness? Smoking pot will make you go mad!!!!!

• dinah
    dinah

The government could figure out a way to tax marijiuana, it must be more profitable to arrest people for possession. The government gets part of every dollar we spend already.

The War on Ugly. Good one, LWT.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Since leaving the borg I've tried a few things and made some of them part of my life to varying degrees. MJ is one of them and I personally have no problems with it. In truth, I find it to be far less dangerous and/or addiciting than alcohol or tobacco. I can honestly say that I've never had problems with "potheads" like I have with drunks or tweakers. As far as religion? Well, this below bit can be applied to weed as well as beer:

10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.

9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.

8. Beer has never caused a major war.

7. They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves.

6. When you have a Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.

5. Nobody's ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured over his brand of Beer.

4. You don't have to wait 2000+ years for a second Beer.

3. There are laws saying Beer labels can't lie to you.

2. You can prove you have a Beer.

1. If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I don't smoke it anymore, not because I think it is bad. I just not interested in it anymore.

We are supposed to obey the law of the land, and as long as it is illegal I guess it is bad.

Jesus did not say drugs where bad when he was offered some before he was put on the torcher stake, he only was not in the mood at the time.

I think it was Timothy Jesus told to drink a little wine for the tummy's sake

If you abuse anything it is bad for you, like when you eat or take drugs or anything that makes you feel pleasure it is releasing dopimines into your brain. That is what actually makes you feel the pleasure, but if you use all the dopimines up you can no longer feel pleasure.

Another thing is if God wanted you to smoke he would have put a smoke stack on you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit