Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Baby you have a PM

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, over on the WT is Wicked thread I have just been reminded on how the WT and JW's raise their children and my heart broke.

I feel for any child being raised as a JW, untill that horrific ban on blood has been removed I see the WT as to blame for the death of any innocent child.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

JB...sent you a pm! ;)

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

AE...you have a PM.

• mouthy
    mouthy

http://www.amazon.com/The-Late-Liz/dp/B000OFOM6O

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SYLVIA

• snowbird
    snowbird
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SYLVIA

Sylvia

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

#1145 ....Id go mad if i saw a kid being punished for that, no kid has ever told me they had to go out or answer...i feel sick now, really i do.....

As a child I would have never told anyone that I didn't want to do that stuff. My parents made it very clear that not to do the required WT stuff would result in the displeasure of my Heavenly Father and that was certainly something that you didn't want to invoke. The only choice I had was do or die.

"Let me help you choose, son."

#1146 ...we dont teach our kids people will die if not told about Jah, we just enjoy talking about Jehovah....

My parents withheld information that I needed to know about the Watchtower's teachings and history too. They did the same at the doors. JWs are never 'up front' with anybody who might lose interest if they are fully informed.

In my experience, the cutsie wootsie persona that JWs present in public, rapidly turns nasty when a child or spouse hints that they might be choosing a different lifestyle. I don't expect that AE is any different.

I don't believe that the Ren/Lolly/AE/Spike posters frequent forums to get attention. I reckon they are here trying to effect some damage control for their Watchtower. Whitewashing the graves.....Polishing the outside of the cup....

Cheers

Chris

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Black Sheep; notice any subliminal imagery in that pic?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is too much 'in your face' stuff in WT litterature for me to bother with airy-fairy stuff JB. Never let a JW have a subject that has 'wiggle room'.

Here is a good video clip for your kids AE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf-HBMq9ggg

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've just come across this thread...

oh I just don't know anymore. I always say give a person the benefit of the doubt, yet I know from being a JW for many many years that the way you are bringing up your children (according to JW standards) is not on. If you had to let your children go to a birthday party or halloween party and the elders found out, you would be councilled - if not - then I doubt you're attending all the meetings all of the time and auxillary pioneering. that wouldn't be a good example to the rest of the congregation.

This time this does just seem too good to be true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit