Circuit Assembly This Past Weekend "Safeguard Your Spirituality" -Everyone Please Enter-

by tryingtoexit 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

It must have been painful to sit through all that drivel. It pained me just to read it. I hope that one day your wife realizes what you did for her.

District Overseer says "Christendom thinks they're spiritual because they can speak in tongues, so what if I said I like cheese in italian, does that mean I'm spiritual just because I can speak another language?! No! It's non-sense"

I've been a Christian for 3 years and I have yet to hear someone speak in tongues. I've always heard that it was a gift that God would give someone if it was needed (like the example that Stephen had). I've never heard of it referred to as an indication of spirituality. There are churches in the pentecostal faith that do that but I'm not sure how much of that is actually real versus emotion or put on for a show. IMO, those type of churches always struck me as a bit unbalanced. The only nonsense is that the DO would make a statement about "Christendom" when he's probably never set foot in a Christian church.

If we visit apostate websites, read thoughts outside of what the governing body says then we are eating at the table of demons. "Sure it's food" he says, "But it is rotten and will poison you"- Once again my wife is looking at me with the evil eye now, whispering: "the knowledge you have is from the table of the demons"

Real truth can stand up to criticism. The very fact that they tell you to avoid websites that are critical of their beliefs speaks volumes.

He says married people stop texting other married individuals that are not your mate, I wouldnt be texting your MOMMA! Stop texting others while you're out in field service, just wait until service is over to talk to them, if you have a profile on a social network YOU ARE BAD ASSOCIATION. (I have a myspace page for my music, I have a page on Facebook, as well as Twitter) - Once again my wife is looking at me crazy.

Now I know why my mother-in-law suddenly deleted her Facebook account.

That did it, my wife did not hold my hand during the prayer (didnt really care anyway) and she saw I never bowed my head or closed my eyes during the prayer which was a first for me, so she didnt speak to me at all for the rest of the day, until we got home, she saw she had a flat tire and asked could she use my car for work the next day. Then she says "I'm changing and this Circuit Assembly was powerful and it came at the right time so it must be Jehovah letting her know that she will soon not have a husband because of the way I have been acting"

I agree with the others that you should be kind and considerate but STAND YOUR GROUND. Don't let her walk all over you. You are not a doormat. I would definitely follow OTWO's advice and tell her that the bible expects her to be a good wife whether you are a believer or not. If she wants you to follow all the rules than she needs to follow them herself. Right now, she's just being a hypocrite.

• whoknows
    whoknows

Billy - thank you for that insight into Paul, Barnabas, Timothy and the GB. That was a real "duh" moment for me. Paul basically told the supposed GB to "go screw themselves".

• Gayle
    Gayle

Tell your wife you love her, intend to stay with her and will very well hold her hand during the prayers even though the GB now have commanded (in recent WT) that you can't do that either. The WT organization doesn't create good marriages,,even if there are any then it is in spite of the organization.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

twinkle toes- That sums up all the witnesses I know on Facebook pretty much, thats why the Society says it's a no no.

drobbins88- Thank you, preciate that.

Saoirse- Thanks, I will most definitely stand my ground, my wifes cousin was announced DF'd tonight, she came home crying and said her cousin put a picture of me, my wife, her, and her new husband on her windshield, and after the meeting when she saw it, she just broke down and cried. I wanted to share some info with her about the origins of disfellowshipping, but I knew tonight was not the right time, I wanna make sure I play it right, but yeah be glad you didnt have to sit through that, I'm gonna live it up this weekend, cause the hours I lost last weekend I will never get back.

Gayle- You're right, I honestly wanna know does the governing body really think they are God's chosen voice to the world, or do they laugh at night before they go to bed, knowing they've duped millions into believing them??

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    my wifes cousin was announced DF'd tonight, she came home crying and said her cousin put a picture of me, my wife, her, and her new husband on her windshield, and after the meeting when she saw it, she just broke down and cried.

It's just heartbreaking what that awful cult does to families. I can't even imagine what must be going through your wife's head right now, who knows, maybe this will make her see things differently. Good job on not sharing the DF info just yet, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I hope it all works out for you. Just give it time.

• VM44
    VM44
    a spiritual man eats the spiritual food prepared with love by Jehovah and passed down to his faithful & discreet slave. If we visit apostate websites, read thoughts outside of what the governing body says then we are eating at the table of demons.

In 1969 Roy Goodrich published a booklet with the title "Demonism and the Watch Tower". This book shows that during the 1920's and '30s the Watch Tower endorsed (through the pages of The Golden Age magazine) an occultic medical practice known as the Electronic Reactions of Abrams which involved the use of device known as the oscilloclast!

So at one time the Watchtower was serving up on its table a demonic repast!

• designs
    designs

VM, Cattle prods will get someones attention!

• chickpea
    chickpea

Billy... great info that would surprise
    even the most dubbed of dubs to learn.....

trying to exit: KEEP TRYING

there is no way you can keep
    up a façade of faithfullness to
    an all-encompassing cult
    and have anything remotely
    resembling a genuine life....

best best best of luck to you
    >> three times for emphasis ;-)

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow good discussion on here!

• Chalam
    Chalam

I've been a Christian for 3 years and I have yet to hear someone speak in tongues. I've always heard that it was a gift that God would give someone if it was needed (like the example that Stephen had).

You need to be baptised in the Holy Spirit Acts 2:4 Acts 19:6

You need to be in a church that believe in the gifts of the Spirit and likely someone pray and lay on hands, just like the verses say.

The gifts are received by faith so you need to believe too! Read the bible (Acts onwards) and get to a charismatic church (one who operates in the gifts).

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit