Circuit Assembly This Past Weekend "Safeguard Your Spirituality" -Everyone Please Enter-

by tryingtoexit 76 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TRYING TO EXIT- Wow. The WT society is getting more controlling than even I thought they would ! No texting or myspace accounts ? Guess they'll have to DF all the thousands of elders and their wives doing it then ! LOL! As one poster said, I believe Goshawk - it's all about control. The more they can control everyone in even minute details ( I believe it's called micromanagement ) then they take away the free will in the individual JW's brain synapses. Their minds become cult mind controlled to the extreme where their brain is programmed only cult thoughts- not authentic thoughts.

So to help your wife- I agree with the posters who said to do things with her that are non-JW activities. What hobbies do you two enjoy doing ? Do you ride bikes ? Watch movies ? Listen to music ? Go take her out dancing , hiking, or picnicking - any activity that does not involve JW conversation or activities. You will bring her non-cult authentic personality out this way. Good luck, hang in there , we are here for you buddy, Peace out, Mr, Flipper

• moshe
    moshe

I've said it before and I will keep saying it- if your marriage is on the rocks due to JW problems, then go to a M arriage Counselor . Tell your spouse you need an impartial professional to talk to, then after a few visits the JW spouse will be invited to attend. They will have a hard time explaining their negative conduct to a marriage counselor. My wife hated the sentence completion exercise so much that she only did about 10% of the questions. When the counselor tried to get her to explain her destructive conduct she got flustered and quit going after three visits. At least I knew were I stood with her. I didn't try counseling soon enough and her heels were dug in too far to budge her. It's not too late for many of you- don't wait too long like I did. You need professional help fighting against the WT machine.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

VM44- That's very interesting there....

chickpea- Thanks!

Flipper- Preciate ya, yeah the control is outrageous, never thought something I accepted my whole life could make my stomach turn now when I hear their rhetoric.

moshe- Great idea, I would love to try that, anything to get us both out, I hope I can pull it off, it just seems so hard you know?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Now I'm hurt, I still want to leave the cult, but it does look like I'm going to loose my wife to the governing body and their doctrines, I must admit I'm very very very sad today, but at the same time, happy, that I am not budging from where I stand, and that is soon to be on the other side of all of that non-sense.

Sad to say, it sounds like she has already made a choice to go with the Organization, not with you--that is, not with the person you are, only with the devout Witness she wants you to be. It doesn't matter that you didn't ask her to make the choice, the organization demanded it during that Sunday afternoon "gangrene" talk.

Listen to Moshe, seek counseling while there's still a chance, do so together if at all possible. Find out if your marriage can be saved, and if so whether it's worth trying to (remembering that it takes two people to make a marriage succeed, but only one to make it fail).

But at the same time, the way she's talking, prepare for the worst. In case she decides to file against you, be ready for that possibility. Quietly look into divorce laws in your state, put aside what money you can spare in an emergency fund, figure out where you can go if she puts you out of the house, and do some research to locate a qualified attorney to call if the time comes. Don't do anything provocative, but don't sit still and be caught unprepared either (the latter lesson coming from personal experience).

TTE, I know you're going through a hard time. Continue to love the person behind the cult persona, because it's not the individual members but the Watchtower organization that causes this grief. Most of all, remember you're not alone. All the best to you!

• cheerios
    cheerios

satan asked to be my Facebook friend yesterday. when i declined, he texted me and said: oh cmon, is it really so that you cant be on facebook? i started thinking about it, and lo! facebook was good to behold! so i let him join my friends.

looks like the gibbering boobies are right. facebook really IS demonic!

but it's okay ... satan likes to play farkle .. and i do too .. but that pointy headed bastard has beaten me 3 out of 5 times now ...

ps: charles taze russel would've been a fan of the freemasons (if he had a facebook)

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

GL Tirebiter- Thanks for your encouragment, preciate it, yup I've been preparing for the worse, because I'm almost positive which way she's going to go, living arrangements I have backup plans for, but I'm still working out the attorney situation, my aunt is a great legal attorney, but also a JW so....*sigh*....hopefully I'll be prepared either way, thanks again.

cheerios- I literally LOL when I read that, hahahahaha! Yeah Charles Taze Russel would definitely be a fan of the Freemasons page and probably the "negro is inferior" group as well. (just jokes)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Stop texting? Wow. That was totally worth the drive. Did all the guys have to check their testicles as well as their brains at the door too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit