Circuit Assembly This Past Weekend "Safeguard Your Spirituality" -Everyone Please Enter-

by tryingtoexit 76 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    He says married people stop texting other married individuals that are not your mate, I wouldnt be texting your MOMMA! Stop texting others while you're out in field service, just wait until service is over to talk to them, if you have a profile on a social network YOU ARE BAD ASSOCIATION.

This is the best thing I've read on this board in months!

This is verification of how utterly clueless and out of touch they are.

Apparently they are not satisfied with losing a mere 80% of the kids, they want to ramp it up to a 90 or 95% loss rate. Excellent!

Keep it up, you paranoid fearful old dinosaurs! Keep on demonizing anything and everything that JW kids find useful or fun or entertaining! Your fanatical bug-eyed spluttering is having less and less effect on anyone under the age of 30.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Awake! July 2009 p.29:

No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family. Does study of the Bible lead to family breakup? No. In fact, the Bible encourages a husband and wife who practice different religions to remain together as a family.

As far as the Circuit Assembly, it's unfortunate that they have no direction to provide regarding the cry of "Peace and Security", "the King of the North", or the destruction of "Babylon the Great". They give no scriptural citation that actually uses the expression "obey the Governing Body" or "the Faithful and Discrete Slave is really a class of all the partakers anointed as a group living on the earth at any time". Instead they give pharisaic dictates on each individual thing that is wrong and threaten the sheeple that are "skinned and thrown about".

Of course you could have leaned over to her during the program and asked, "Did they have a scripture for that, or are they pulling this out of their arse?" And "yes", I'm a single dude.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So are you still texting?

Don't read too much into your wifey. I know this sounds pretty bad, but women lead off with emotion, and often times come down. (not that men don't too)

• Chalam
    Chalam

"Christendom thinks they're spiritual because they can speak in tongues, so what if I said I like cheese in italian, does that mean I'm spiritual just because I can speak another language?! No! It's non-sense"

I heard the same view from my JW friend. Neither do they understand what the bible says in regards to this gift, nor have they any experience with it.

Yes, speaking in tongues can be in another earthly language.

Acts 2 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.

However, that is fairly rare. I witnessed it only once myself, someone speaking in an Indian dialect who had no knowledge of the language. Strange thing was, the person they were ministering to spoke English but the language being spoken was her first language.

Speaking in tongues is predominantly in a heavenly language that no-one understands.

1 Corinthians 13 1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Hence

1 Corinthians 14 2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind. 16 If you are praising God with your spirit, how can one who finds himself among those who do not understand say "Amen" to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying? 17 You may be giving thanks well enough, but the other man is not edified.

18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

All the best,

Stephen

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

If you have a profile on a social network YOU ARE BAD ASSOCIATION.

Man, I hope this ends up in an article! I know tons of JWs "in good standing" who have Facebook profiles. These include elders' wives, pioneers, and even some elders. For some reason, I think the understanding is that Myspace is bad but Facebook is ok.

• undercover
    undercover
    For some reason, I think the understanding is that Myspace is bad but Facebook is ok.

That's like saying watching an R-rated movie at the theater is bad but watching it at home is ok...

I have no desire to be connected by these social network sites, but hell....I might just have to join up, if for no other reason than to further bolster my status as 'bad association'.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Goshawk- I agree, and that's why they do what they do, you cant play sports, you cant, cant, cant, cant, cant, cant, cant, until it's drilled in your head. Being a witness makes it hard for people to do anything without wondering if it's bad (thats if the governing body hasnt already spoken on it) I knew a witness who's conscience bothered her AFTER marriage as far as sex, she said she would feel guilty and unclean even once she was married, she said it was hard to go from the day before your wedding, sex is fornication, dont do this and stay away from that, to the next night, okay now I can spread my legs and enjoy this, lol, funny, sad, but true.

Outlaw- You right, and I dont plan on sticking around for those days to come, lol @ communication idiots, before the talk was over I said watch everybody feel like texting is demonic after the assembly. My wife's best friend said "I guess I cant text your husband anymore if I cant reach you, because he's married huh?" The my wife replies subliminally trying to attack me "Well, SOME people gone do what they wanna do regardless WHO it comes from" I was just sitting there playing on my Blackberry like I didnt hear her...

jamiebowers- Thanks, I'll keep those points in mind.

Marvin Shilmer- Preciate that, and you're right, thanks for the support.

sir82- ROTFL! Couldnt have said it any better, all this does is make people feel like they're not trusted. It's like telling your mate "if you date me there can be no looking at other guys, no talking to other guys, if you even text another man I'll hit you upside your head you understand me?!" LOL! Sounds ridiculous right? If you trust somebody, and you honestly believe they really do love you, then you have nothing to worry about, you have to mark every potential dangerous thing you see. Like "dont go to Taco Bell at lunch time, could be some hot looking guys up there that you'll see and you'll be tempted to commit adultery" Seriously, you should be able to trust someone enough not to do that, but the Governing Body acts like everyone is just waiting to do wrong every chance they get with no sense of guidance or conscience, smh.

Billy- Thanks for that quote there, will be useful in the future I'm sure, yeah they mentioned a scripture (forgot where) when the governing body would discuss a matter then pass it on to the apostle Paul or something like that, and how no one would question the letter given to the congregations, so when elders get a letter they dont question the governing body to see if it applys to their congregation, they just DO IT, and servants not just elders should do the same.

Shamus- LOL! Yeah I was texting my friend soon the program was over, I'm like I'm paying this damn bill, aint nobody bout to tell me I cant use my phone because other judgers I'm sorry people are lookin, eff em all.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Stephen- Thanks, you know the bible well I tell ya, the way you can read what I say and drop by with scriptures showing the Witness viewpoint is incorrect is great, I can not wait to share those verses with my wife, thanks again.

Olin- Yeah that's my understanding too, my wife didnt care when I made a music profile on myspace 2 years ago, but she refuses to get on Facebook, even tho myself, her brother, her own mother and numerous other relatives of her side are on Facebook and they are witnesses too! People listen to the governing body without even knowing why, I wish she'd use the brain that God gave her.

LOL @ undercover- yeah that was a pretty bold statement, next it'll be if you have a Nintendo Wii YOU ARE BAD ASSOCIATION, lol.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello TTE,

Hey, cool :)

Here's something to think about

1 Corinthians 2 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

Zechariah 4 6 So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Now where is the demonstration of the Holy Spirit's power amongst the JWs?

There isn't. All you can find is people bound by fear, working their asses off, hoping they are doing enough to earn their "hope". Even worse, there are those who have all types of affliction, depression, ailments, disease, even those with suicidal thoughts and such.

Now JWs say the gift have ceased and thus say those verses I quoted are false. However, walk into any charismatic Church (those that have people baptised in the Spirit Matthew 3:11 Acts 1:5 Acts 11:16) and you will hear people speaking in heavenly tongues as the bible says. Also, the other gifts will be in operation 1 Corinthians 12

Of course, the WT demonise the very things that the bible speaks about! My JW friend is most fearful of those who speak in tongues even though the bible says only the Holy Spirit can enables the believer to speak Acts 2:4

All the best,

Stephen

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

they mentioned a scripture (forgot where) when the governing body would discuss a matter then pass it on to the apostle Paul or something like that, and how no one would question the letter given to the congregations, so when elders get a letter they dont question the governing body to see if it applys to their congregation, they just DO IT, and servants not just elders should do the same.

Okay, that is bullsh!t when you really look at the account. Here's the parts they forget.

Really? Was even Paul obedient and submissive to the "governing body" and those taking the lead? Well after that decision by the "Governing Body" that circumcision was not a Christian requirement, what were the first two things Paul did?

(Acts 15:22-16:4) 22 Then the apostles and the older men together with the whole congregation favored sending chosen men from among them to Antioch along with Paul and Bar'na?bas, namely, Judas who was called Bar'sab?bas and Silas, leading men among the brothers; 23 and by their hand they wrote:
    “The apostles and the older men, brothers, to those brothers in Antioch and Syria and Ci?li'cia who are from the nations: Greetings! 24 Since we have heard that some from among us have caused YOU trouble with speeches, trying to subvert YOUR souls, although we did not give them any instructions, 25 we have come to a unanimous accord and have favored choosing men to send to YOU together with our loved ones, Bar'na?bas and Paul, 26 men that have delivered up their souls for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We are therefore dispatching Judas and Silas, that they also may report the same things by word. 28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”
    30 Accordingly, when these men were let go, they went down to Antioch, and they gathered the multitude together and handed them the letter. 31 After reading it, they rejoiced over the encouragement. 32 And Judas and Silas, since they themselves were also prophets, encouraged the brothers with many a discourse and strengthened them. 33 So, when they had passed some time, they were let go in peace by the brothers to those who had sent them out. 34 —— 35 However, Paul and Bar'na?bas continued spending time in Antioch teaching and declaring, with many others also, the good news of the word of Jehovah.
    36 Now after some days Paul said to Bar'na?bas: “Above all things, let us return and visit the brothers in every one of the cities in which we published the word of Jehovah to see how they are.” 37 For his part, Bar'na?bas was determined to take along also John, who was called Mark. 38 But Paul did not think it proper to be taking this one along with them, seeing that he had departed from them from Pam?phyl'i?a and had not gone with them to the work. 39 At this there occurred a sharp burst of anger, so that they separated from each other; and Bar'na?bas took Mark along and sailed away to Cy'prus. 40 Paul selected Silas and went off after he had been entrusted by the brothers to the undeserved kindness of Jehovah. 41 But he went through Syria and Ci?li'cia, strengthening the congregations.
    16 So he arrived at Der'be and also at Lys'tra. And, look! a certain disciple was there by the name of Timothy, the son of a believing Jewish woman but of a Greek father, 2 and he was well reported on by the brothers in Lys'tra and I?co'ni?um. 3 Paul expressed the desire for this man to go out with him, and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews that were in those places, for one and all knew that his father was a Greek. 4 Now as they traveled on through the cities they would deliver to those there for observance the decrees that had been decided upon by the apostles and older men who were in Jerusalem.

So, the first thing, Paul gets in a fight with Barnabas. Check the history of Barnabas and you'll see that Paul certainly SHOULD have honored Barnabas.

The second thing... Paul circumcised Timothy. Uh, the GB just said that foreskin-snipping wasn't necessary for Christians. PAUL WAS THERE AND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SPREADING THAT MESSAGE! Oh wait, Paul did that circumsnipping because of the Jews that were in those places. Obviously, Paul was afraid of the Jews and wanted to honor the Jews in those places by showing off how good he was as a circumcizer. "Oh Timothy! Show this large group of Jewish men how well-circumcised you are!"...?

Hey, wait a minute. It was at nearly this same time around 50CE that Paul writes Gal. 2:11-14 condemning Peter's pretense because of his fear of the Jews in those places. Hmmm, maybe Paul didn't "willingly submit" to the GB, but reverted to the Pharisaic history of clinging to the Law and enforcing double-standards. Paul was a "good Jewish snob" for circumsnipping Timothy, but Peter (an apostle and member of the "governing body") was a "bad Jewish snob"... evidently because he wasn't hanging around the gentiles to get a snip at their whatsits.

But Paul didn't stop there. The "Jerusalem Governing Body" said "to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols". That was in 49CE. In 55CE Paul writes 1 Corinthians. In chapters 8 & 10 he does NOT tell them to ABSTAIN from things sacrificed to idols, rather:

(1 Corinthians 10:25-27) 25 Everything that is sold in a meat market keep eating, making no inquiry on account of YOUR conscience; 26 for “to Jehovah belong the earth and that which fills it.” 27 If anyone of the unbelievers invites YOU and YOU wish to go, proceed to eat everything that is set before YOU, making no inquiry on account of YOUR conscience.

Just a few years after clear "GB direction", Paul is now promoting the idea that such food isn't any big deal. It's just a conscience matter for some on-lookers. Don't ask, don't tell. So, Paul isn't enforcing the policy on "abstaining from things sacrificed to idols", he completely waters it down by saying, in effect, "don't make a big deal about it. Just eat it." It was that same order from the "governing body" that said to "abstain from blood". Well then, if one was to go in for surgery, they should be like Paul and make no inquiry about their treatment. Perhaps if they're asked they might refuse blood. But really, according to Paul, it's "don't ask, don't tell". If you receive a blood transfusion, well, it's not like you deliberately asked for one.

Really, there was no "governing body". And if there was one, Paul not only ignored them, he basically told them to go screw themselves.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit