Baby??? honeymoon??? a certain time to have them??

by angel eyes 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Everyone just thought "yet". To me that's just like saying even though the bOrg may have treated others wrong because they haven't done anything to me I'm cool.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The org havent done any wrong to me. So i dont have a story to tell regarding them.

Except maybe for this thread...???

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

?????? they havent done anything to me???? you could say the elder was wrong....thats not the org though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Except maybe for this thread...???"

Oh yeah there is that, but that's not exclusive to the bOrg. That happens everywhere.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You have told one here...and other threads as well..a search of your posts would show that.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

i agree....exactly what im saying too.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I agree problems discussed on this board (at least many of them) are not exclusive to the org...

AE, would you be willing to come to the Witnesses Now For Jesus conference this weekend? I think you would like it. See the details on Deputy Dog's thread.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    you could say the elder was wrong....thats not the org though.

Angel Eyes, the elder was merely reflecting the zeitgeist of the org, wouldn't you agree?

There are too many similar stories on here for you not to see a pattern.

Come on, you are a clever cookie, I know you are aware of this.

Sylvia

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him." Ps. 127:3, NLT -- The WTBTS has a long history of negative attitudes towards having children. Even to the point of outright telling couples not to, because the time is short, the work is urgent, etc. I've read many sad stories of couples who did not have children to be "more spiritual" and be able to do more "spiritual work" for Jehovah (the WT), and then it turned out to be too late, and they were not able to have any at all.

This guy was completely out of line, and violating your boundaries. (but i'm sure he doesn't think so, since it is a high control group.) That is the sort of thing close girlfriends or mothers/daughters might share about.

(We have a large family, and occasionally people make snide comments, like - DO you know what causes that? And i say - Yah, and we really like it! hehe)

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

the loving elders reflect the org too.... I cant turn against the org because of what elders have done. That would be like turning against a friend because of what her husband has said....its wrong of me. If the org didnt something to me personally then i could see your point, or if id reported this elder to them and nothing was done then again id see your point..but I cant judge people by someone elses actions, its just not me.

Im not being nasty or wanting to be a pain, but some of you are df and i dont judge you, i cant judge you just because you have a label and you'd agree....its the same...im sorry but the org havent hurt me, ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit