Baby??? honeymoon??? a certain time to have them??

by angel eyes 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

got to go do dinner....try to be on later...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The org havent done any wrong to me. So i dont have a story to tell regarding them.

"Except maybe for this thread...???"

?????? they havent done anything to me???? you could say the elder was wrong....thats not the org though.

I was referring to this thread as being your story to tell regarding them, and of course it being something they did to you which you perceived as wrong. BTW, while it is true that the particular bizarre sexual subject you brought up is probably unique to that elder, there are many examples of true organizational Watchtower interference into practically every other form of human sexuality.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Yes, I used to call it the society too. I believe that changed about 10-15 years ago; I honestly can't remember why. Maybe some of our researchers can dig it up but I remember it was a clear direction change in how we referred to the organization.

I do agree - I think that no one is perfect..after all, Judas was part of the original 12, right? Nevertheless, I'm not sure you answered my question:

The Governing Body = Jehovah's organization.

A simple Yes or No would be great. Then I know exactly what you are referring too from now on.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

It more like this

The Governing body > Jehovah's organization

when actually it should be this

Jehovah > Jehovah's organization

Jehovah's organization = The spiritually strong Jehovah's Witnesses (and publishers or spiritual babes)

...we kinda left the topic again didn't we.... hehe

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

:) That's exactly it, butterfly. So it ends up being everyone at cross purposes because we are talking about different things but using the same terminology. So, I am waiting to have A/E clarify b/c she keeps telling stories about elders/brothers (and excusing them) b/c they aren't the Organization which she says she would "never" go against. So, who or what specifically is she referring to? In her post above, she seems to imply that when she says "org" she is specifically referring to the GB, but I'm not sure.

(Sorry to be talking about you as if you aren't here, A/E, but that's what you get for going to eat dinner! ;) )

So...again....

A/E: The Governing Body is Jehovah's organization.

Is that your belief?

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I refer the rules as part of the organization rules. She might be slang, like when i say it, the org, or JW organization... which is basicly saying "their rules they follow" as a group of ppl that are under 'God's arrangement'.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

hi GG, yup gb Jahs org.

No worries about talking bout me whilst having din and seeing to family...only on here for short while though.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Thank you for replying. Alot of your posts make alot more sense now.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, AE...you said GB= Jah's org

Can you provide some sort of substantiantion for this belief/claim? WHy do you beleive this to be the case?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

With all due respect to IA ;), my next question is a bit more simple, I hope.

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, you are making decisions based on and leading your life directed by a group of men who you believe to be Jah's organization. (by the way, the GB IS Jehovah's organization is not what was being taught when I was in, so I'm feeling my way here), do you know who the individual members of the GB are?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit