How much apostate is in each JW ?

by inbetween 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, another case of the WT going beyond what is stated in scripture.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Don't know how one would quantify "how much" but I think that some JW individuals who harbor repressed doubts suffer with (for lack of a better term) "mental problems".

True story -A longtime 'faithful' sister approached an elder in our cong very distraught. She tearfully told him that for sometime she had been unable to control blaspheming words that would pop into her mind like a shout during the congregation prayers. She finally told him that the phrase was "fuck you, Jehovah!". She said she hadn't able to stop this and was very concerned that it was 'demons' trying to get into her mind. When this elder related this situation to me he was very concerned for her and he seemed strangely understanding.

• dissed
    dissed

Isaac.....

I just mentioned this to wifey. She said I was very unusual in that if I had a question, I would research it out and always come to a WTS conclusion. I was very receptive to their line of thought.

Understand, that I believed this to the point that I sacrificed everything to serve them in the fulltime service for over 25 years.

If I ever wrote a book about my experience with them, it could be titled, "I was a cheerleader for the WT for 25 years!"

• snowbird
    snowbird

When this elder related this situation to me he was very concerned for her and he seemed strangely understanding

LOL.

Wonder how many minds that phrase has run through?

Sylvia

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I beleive you dissed. But you were a rarity.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"AE said; Jehovah only tells us what we need to know, sometimes we misunderstand things, even the G/B as they are imperfect, but Jah always sheds more light when he feels the time is right"

That's an absolutely outrageous statement AE, and one you should be ashamed of, a real gem, possibly one of the most blasphemous comments I've ever heard from a dumb ass Dub, it borders on heresy. Can you even give a tiny weeny bit of scriptural evidenced to back such a claim? As usual AE your own stupid crazy opinion!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Jookbeard, that what they GB told her (thru the Wt). She accepts whatever they say. Yes, it is very b;asphemous, putting the blame on God. But as long as she is under that spell she can not get away from that thinking. My comments here are all assuning the premise she is in fact, a JW. Whether or not that premise is correct is another story.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

marking for later

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

You don't have to be on this board long to see the hatred for the God of the Watchtower. That hatred runs very very deep. I think it's the doubt that one has done enough to get God off of their back that usually catches up to most that leave.

What I find most interesting, is that in seeking relief for that doubt, people finally admit the hatred they have had the whole time.

I have always said most if not all JWs hate God.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I really hope she is not going to come back with the WT response that those under the Mosaic law had no basis to complain when the new covenant came and freed Christians from the Law, while those previously under the Old had to live under the Law.

The Law came unmistakenly from God. WT policies certainly did not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit