How much apostate is in each JW ?

by inbetween 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• inbetween
    inbetween

Recently I talked to some JW, even so called strong ones in the truth:

I noticed, they do not believe everything from the WTS, for example:

One older sister, a close relative of mine, she has been pioneering for years, babtizes over 40 years ago, mentioned, that sometimes she wonders about certain teaching, but she can not say anything, because somebody would say, she speaks against Jehovah himself..further she said, she remmebers 1975, and that the society tried to blame the brothers, but was clearly responsible itself..

I was quit shocked to hear that from her, and I added some careful comments in the same direction...

other brothers do not agree with certain teachings, like resurrected ones will not marry, or animals will not eat each other etc...

maybe those are "minor" issues, but if you doubt one teaching of Gods channel, doesnt that mean, you doubt the whole thing ?

How much apostate is in each JW ?

Well, I have to say, before ever coming to a site like this, I also questioned some things, but I never draw the ultimate conclusion: The WTS is not Gods channel whatsoever...

• Caedes
    Caedes

I think a lot of JWs are not strong, I can't remember the last time a JW called at my house. Around here they just drop magazines off at commercial properties mumbling something about leaving magazines for the staff room. No attempt to engage in any kind of dialogue. The ones I have met through family are very unwilling to discuss their beliefs.

The JW cult is a shadow of it's former self.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

dont forget we have new scrolls in the new system to be opened (exciting) so we could well find that resurrected ones will marry after we have all been tested??? Exciting times ahead

• inbetween
    inbetween

AE: I know you may try to be encouraging, however, you did not answer my question, do you doubt this teaching ? if its not sure, why does the WTS not say: It might be so or so....no, they usually say: It is so or so, if you dont believe, youre technically an apostate, until we get new light of course....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Not sure where this thread is at now....but to answer the subject line- I believe every witness has doubts. Some are willing to face those doubts...others are not and simply build a wall of fear.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

inbetween, no i dont have doubts regarding the resurrection re marrying, they say they wont remarry BUT being open minded and because they havent said they wont marry EVER, i believe that it could mean they wont remarry until after we have been tested,i could well be wrong but ive never heard them say they wont remarry even after satan has been destroyed, thats when i believe new scolls will be opened.

Does that answer? Hope so....almost said babes, but unsure if inbetween is a male or female lol

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

OK, that is showing an open mind there, which is a good thing. But the WT did not make that sort of qualification. If they said won't remarry, you have added 'it doesn't mean never'...it means you are thinking outside of their box....no defense necessary, that is a good thing.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When one is not allowed to do what the scriptures tell us to do, "test everything", "test the spirits", then one wonders why that is.

Too bad those that have questions aren't allowed to speak up, no religion shoudl be so weak as to not allow questioning.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

exactly PSac. Acts 17:11 says that the bereans were more nobleminded than the others because they searched the scriptures to see if the things told them were so. The WT modifies this scripture by saying the Bereans had not yet 'come into the truth' so it was ok for them. Once you come 'into the truth', according to the WT, the questioning stops.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Jah says in the scriptures to put him to the test and to search for knowledge. IA, i did well? Thankyou :)

I do have an open mind yes, and thats why i see all angles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit