How much apostate is in each JW ?

by inbetween 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The older ones all think that some of the new teachings are "debatable" , but apostasy? No ...because they would never say it out loud.

But they will secretly say it to one another if they feel completely safe. I can honestly tell you that I was not at all the only one horrified by the scientific stupidity of that "heart and mind" nonsense and discussed it with other elders.

Only about one out of ten (elders!) actually endorsed it - the vast majority thought it was a figment of some young writer's imagination and would be phased out in time.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

TD

It's no secret that many (most?) JW's secretly hate it. I actually heard a JW circuit overseer say as much from the platform once. (The context was making a shepherding call on a JW man who was home working in his garden instead of field service.)

Of the ones that appear to, how many do you think really like it? I'd be willing to bet it's a very small percentage. I'd also be willing to bet that the ones who do, have other issues/reasons for liking it, other than love for others or love of God.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It was my opinion that each JW believes something different in their heart. Some will let a few things slip when you are socializing. But, when they are at the hall or in service they try to keep their mouth shut. I think many are going through the motions and don't quite know what to believe. It isn't surprising since they have changed things over the years. The problem only arises when somebody opens their mouth and goes around telling everybody about their 'doubt' or belief.

Most of them feel that as long as they do their prayer, meeting and service 'thing' that they are 'covered' because the religion has the magic name and all problems and discrepancies will somehow work themselves out.

• minimus
    minimus

Great thread! My answer: not enuf.

• stillin9
    stillin9

I realize this is kinda an old thread but indeed an interesting one.

What can I say...I don't know how much apostate is in other JWs but hell, I can tell you there is a quiet bit of apostate in me and I am still technically a JW (unfortunately?) lol

Stillin, a human being.

• isaacaustin
  • designs
    designs

In many denominations there is a degree of distinction between core doctrine and peripheral teachings. The Catholic Church has doctrine and dogma and then something that would be an opinion expressed in a homily.

The Society has some distinctions in teachings such as things they ask in the Baptism questions but since a member can censured for openly disagreeing over a minor issue it makes all of the teachings appear to be on a doctrinal level rather than a dogma or opinion level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit