Can you Believe Some of the New Posters on Here?

by lifelong humanist 82 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol now this is getting funny

• Farkel
    Farkel

AllTimeJeff,

Not bad. Not bad!

Farkel, Goober CLASS

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks Farkel!

ATJif, of the Farkel University Jr Varsity CLASS

• goldensky
    goldensky

Good morning, everybody!

Can anybody please tell me what a "troll" is? The only definition in my "Longman dictionary of contemporary English" (which I had to make ample use of when writing my first post) is:

TROLL: (in ancient Scandinavian writings and stories) one of a race of beings with special powers, variously described as friendly or evil, as very small or very large, and as living in caves or hills.

Is THAT what some of you suspect I could be? What on earth...??? Ounly bicos i don right like tis? And what are my special powers, if I may ask?

Leolaila, you left me mouth-opened ("me has dejado boquiabierta") with your superb post correcting my style. I LOVED IT! Have you studied English philology? How I wish you lived here and could teach me more. Honestly, I'd be ready to pay many euros for each hour's class. I mean it. All your posts have been lovely.

Thank you, everybody else, you are TRULY fun people and most of you very sharp thinkers. I'm loving this.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I'm a newbie and so glad to be here. Being here has helped me work over some doubts I have had for some time, it's also shown me how little I actually know about the religion I was baptised into. If it weren't for this site, even though I've not been on it long, I would still be attending the KH feeling worthless. I say give everyone a chance, if they are trolls, it will soon be evident.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

good morning goldensky

Many of our nicest longtime posters have been accused of being trolls when they first joined. So you are in good company.

On the other hand we have had a very long time poster who masqueraded for years as 2 people. This poster was very articulate and aspired to be a writer. When he was unmasked both his screen roles got deleted. He posed as dedpoet and fullofdoubtnow and they eventually got married - also fullofdoubtnow was dying.

Basically a troll on here is someone who isn't who he/she says he/she is and is out to deceive and manipulate (like the WTS in many respects I guess).

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Quietlyleaving...wow!! Someone actually did that for 2yrs? That was some effort! I wonder what makes people lie about themselves? These types of sites are invaluable for people who don't no where else to turn. For someone to abuse it like that, it's really sad.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

wantstoleave this person did that for 4 years and strangely enough "they" did try to be very supportive and authentic. I personally found "their" posts very helpful during my fade but the story as it unfolded caused a lot of hurt

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Did they just have too much time on their hands? Lol..

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You have been here for 57 posts and think that qualifies you as a policeman for the forum?

.......... Or are you a WT mole trying to put new posters off?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit