Can you Believe Some of the New Posters on Here?

by lifelong humanist 82 Replies latest jw friends

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

In life, I usually trust new people, at least on face value, until I discover otherwise. Yet, my normal belief system is now in doubt. I've just replied to a thread started by 'goldensky' - an alleged Spanish lady with lots of history as an extremely devout JW in Spain. English, she claims, is her second language. Yet, her first post seem totally implausiable to me - her word choice, punctuation, style of expression just seem alien to me. I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd be the first to apologize unreservedly

Have you, like me, noticed new posters here that just don't sound quite the real deal?

• undercover
    undercover

Is this thread "the real deal"...

I mean, can we trust this from someone who joined less than three months ago...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well this is the internet and all...

If you believe everything you hear, you may as well go back to the kingdumb hall. And if anyone decides to leave "the truth" (I can't believe I typed that with a straight face) just because of a bunch of posters on a website, then that person is truly an idiot.

Do I believe them? I dunno... I don't keep track, although it wouldn't suprise me if some did.

Have a nice day, and may the sovergn lord jehovah bless you and all your seed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Newbie calling out a newbie...priceless

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I usually ask myself certain questions, first, before I accuse someone of being dishonest. What are they gaining by lying, and how does it really affect me if they are? Suppose the person in question isn't exactly who they claim to be, so what?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sometimes I can't believe some of the old ones, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    Newbie calling out a newbie...priceless

For everything else...there's MasterCard

• angel eyes
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Have a nice day, and may the sovergn lord jehovah bless you and all your seed.

Glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read that or my screen would have been covered!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So let me get this straight.....goldensky has made only one post so far and you publicly question her truthfulness because 1) Her English is "too good" for a native Spanish speaker and 2) She didn't tell all in her initial post?

No one is saying you can't be skeptical but it is a quite different thing to make such unwelcoming statements to a first-time poster on such a slender basis, let alone start a new thread devoted to this subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit