DO JWS REALLY WAIT TIL MARRIAGE???

by sweet 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sweet
    sweet

do jws really wait til marriage to have sex?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a jw myth...for some folks

• yesidid
    yesidid

I know for a fact that some do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know some of each. My wife and I did. Many brothers came forward before accepting appointments and had to face judicial action for it years later. Many never said anything about it.

I would say the percentage that waits is extremely higher than other groups of "Christians."

• dissed
    dissed

Hey Sweet,

For us we held out, but it was hard. We got heavy at times but made it. My friends said we were making them sick, we was so luby duby. This was 1976, have things changed now?

• dissed
    dissed

OTWO

Yeah, I had two friends have babies 6 months after they were married and they weren't premature. Both were disciplined by the Elders

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I waited and i thought everyone else waited too, with rare exceptions.

Come to find out, a lot of people didn't........ even my JW x-hubby had gotten a lot of action before I came around.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I can only speak for myself ........... but I won't.

• meangirl
    meangirl

Me and hubby did. I have to honestly say that is one thing I do not regret and neither does hubby. However, the more I got to know people the more I found out that alot did not wait.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

For those who married (young) in order to have sex, it was unfortunate and there were many in that category. Some made the best of it and came full circle, but they never had the opportunity to experience life as a single individual - an important rite of passage IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit