DO JWS REALLY WAIT TIL MARRIAGE???

by sweet 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

We waited. I've committed many a disfellowshipping offence but not the sex related ones.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I waited and it was a huge mistake. If we had just had sex I doubt we would have gotten married.

I agree with Bluecanary, if I had had sex with my JW hubby before the wedding, there would have been no wedding.

I wanted sex and intimacy, my JW hubby just wanted a beard. That man could fall asleep at the drop of a hat, anytime that we were alone together he would immediately go to sleep.

I spent my late teens, twentys, and early thirties so sexually frustrated that I could have bit through nails.

I do not recommend "waiting for marriage" to anyone, I think it is a ridiculous concept.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

High five, ASINAC

• cheerios
    cheerios

This is easily is the supidest comment I ever read. As to the question from the original poster I would say the percentage of Witnesses who wait until marraige is much higher than non-Witnesses.

um ... what does 'supidest' mean? and marraige? a little bit ironic that someone calling someone else's comment 'stupid' mistypes and says the comment is 'supid'

@ Bluegr Ass (oops u c wut i did thar? supid me) ... i would suggest: www.dictionary.com and/or Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. Well worth the expense. oh and imagine that! there's actually a 'spell check' button right here on the forums! wow! whoever came up with spellcheck .. now that guy or girl was NOT supid. personally i hate supid people. supid people just suck. kind of reminds me of a particular supid cult that insists on its supid members remaining marraiged even when not compatible. now that's easily the supidest thing i ever read.

@ bluecanary: <3

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

cheerios, you're feisty little n00b. back atcha.

• cheerios
    cheerios

:P

i had a similar experience, bc. my ex and i were extremely incompatible. what a supid waste of time (my marraige to her).

:P

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Many do, but I think just as many do not. Certainly a large number are engage in what the Watchtower defines as "unclean" acts.

I personally know of elders and MS's that had sex prior to the wedding that have never confessed and some still hold their positions of authority. In one case the wife left the husband and got disfellowshipped for adultery to another man and the husband is still an elder. Yet they had premarital sex and to this day he has not confessed.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

jwfacts, it's a good thing there is a statute of limitations on the sins of elders and MS. What is it, three years? No one finds out, you can consider yourself forgiven.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we dated, had sex

we got engaged, had sex

got caught holding hands at a public jw gathering..... were brought to the back room for a "talk"

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Waited. I think its safe to say ours was the most platonic courtship ever. :(

What a messed-up way to live.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit