DO JWS REALLY WAIT TIL MARRIAGE???

by sweet 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

High five, ASINAC

Back atcha sister. ( though I would probably miss your hand and just look silly )

Those are years we will never get back..... all becasue we were obediant to a few old MEN (and I use that term loosely) instead of learning to trust ourselves.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Waited. I was 18 and he was almost 21. That was in 1987. Divorced in '95. I'm never going to get married again so just enjoy f'ing around with friends.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Not married yet, but I was a good little boy for the Borg. I really didn't cheat. Every other JW ex-friend of mine cheated, though.

So now it's weird to be 24 and behind the curve when it comes to that. I'm working on fixing the monumental dry streak, though.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Not in my ex-congregation! Everybody where hanky panky there! From elder's daughters to elders with other elders wifes! Every 6 months a judicial commite. And those are the cases that known!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

We did...

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Bluecanary your comment is dumb because rather than decide who to make marry based on something important like if the person is honest, supportive, have a lot in common with you, wise, intelligent, insightful, helpful, cheering you up win your sad or mad, faithful, etc. You overlook all that and choose sex as the deciding factor as to if he makes a good husband or not. You sound like you're using the logic of a 15 year old instead of an adult.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Blue Grass - being sexually compatable is exceptionally important. Plus you are being extremely judgemental and "supid"

• caliber
    caliber

With a great measure of pride ..yes me did wait...but judging by unfolding events and hearsay I would guess that 50%

nowadays do not. What really shocks me is cases where they said they didn't want to spoil the white Kingdom hall wedding so like

a month or two later they confess after the fact. (Still get to keep all the gifts but clear it with God (JC)

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

We waited .....I married a Jw convert who had led a very promiscuous lifestyle. Her comment on our honeymoon re sex was..... just the same with a bit of bible thrown in

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Bluecanary, is that true about there being a 3yr rule for elders and MS servants?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit