Christians explain? Jews never believed in a Trinity even today so how/when did it start?

by Witness 007 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Jonathan, of course I know the Trinity doctrine don't be silly anyone can read the Westminster Confession or the earlier Creeds. Look at the history of the Trinitarians over the past 1800 years, murders, torture, wars. They conceived a monster and a cruel God and lived and perpetrated that type of cruelity on each other.

They brought shame on the good name of Jesus.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    The Trinity was one of the truly cruel philosophies to entrap humans- Love me or I will toruture you for all eternity.

I don't think you have the slightest clue what the Trinity actually teaches and it is not what the Society tells you. That is a fact. Furthermore, I don't see how a philosophy, i.e., this doctrine, in and of itself can lead to such terrible things. It is a theory, a theological concept that explains the nature of God and Christ. Why don't you enlighten us on how this "philosopiy" has entrapped humans. You aren't making any sense.

Look at the history of the Trinitarians over the past 1800 years,

Now you are switching horses in mid-stream. So is it the doctrine you have issues with, or the people who claim to be Trinitarians? If the latter, then you better take a closer look at the Governing Body of JWs because you're claiming guilt by association. And if that is the case then you don't want anything to do with the WBTS due to a shocking degree of molestation and other nefarious conduct, not to mention other unseemly behavior which as lead to 40,000 JWs (or more) being disfellowshipped yearly. As far as comparing behaviors, give the JWs 1,800 years and then come back and talk to me. I'm sure they'll catch up. You need to educate yourself in this regard. I'll help you. Spend some time here.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html

The doctrine of the Trinity is a doctrine. It does not kill and maim. If you have a problem with Catholics, take it up with them, but don't blame that on a theological concept.The trinity deals with the three-fold, triune, nature of God, among other things.

JD II

• designs
    designs

Jonathan nice rant. Of course the Leadership in the Society have taken church governance to far and have hurt people, everyone here knows that. You have your blinders on to see how the Church leaders of Trinitarian Christianity have done far far worse things. Millions upon millions killing each other in each of the past 18 centuries. What a blood bath. What a cruel god they devised and followed and still do.

What shame they bring on the good name of Jesus.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    The Trinity was one of the truly cruel philosophies to entrap humans-

You still haven't answered how this doctrine of the Trinity entraps humans.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    JD II: I don't want to read too much into your post, but I don't think the mere fact that some men in history claimed to be God-men, or that others regarded them as such, in and of itself proves that Christ was not God-man.
    Satanus: No, it doesn't. But, i find it interesting to see jesus in the big picture.

Unless one believes that He indeed performed those many miracles and rose from the dead. In that event, I don't think he falls into that category and is not part of that big picture.

• designs
    designs

Think. People act out their concepts and philosophies. A God who is conceived as cruel gives justification to the people who believe that and they take license to do cruel things themselves.

The result has been millions and millions of Trinitarian Christians butchered each other over the centuries and they butchered non believers by the millions as well.

'Love me or I will torture you for all eternity' that's the Trinity God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

jonathan

'Unless one believes that He indeed performed those many miracles and rose from the dead.'

It's ok for you to believe that. I'm not attacking that.

'In that event, I don't think he falls into that category and is not part of that big picture.'

Isn't everything a part of the big picture, part of the history of the world? Isn't learning a bit more about it a good thing?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

jonathan

Perhaps, are trying to say that jesus is different than the other godmen?

S

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    jonathan
    Perhaps, are trying to say that jesus is different than the other godmen?

Err, umm, yes, along with 2 billion other Christians.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

HI JD,

I called up the archdioses here in Toronto and asked them about the Trinity being needed for salvation, after being transfered to the "theological department" I was told that Salvation for a Christian is based on the belief and Faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he dies for our sins and that he was ressurected and is at the right hand of God, that is the BASIS for salvation for a Christian.

I asked what role the trinity plays in salvation and he said, "None really, the Trinity, simply put, is how some christians view the realtionship between God the father, Jesus, who is also fully God and fully Man, and the HS that is also fully God".

I am paraphrasing of course.

We had a nice discussion for about 30 min and after exchaning views he called me a Catholic Christian in the truiest sense fo the word ( Universal), LOL !

I asked me if I could be a Christian and NOT believe in the Trinity, he answered with a question: DO I believe that Jesus Christ was God?

My reply was that I believe that Jesus is, for all intents and purposes, God for his is our saviour our judge and through him God works his wonders but that I don't believe that Jesus Christ is God the Father and that I believe that the HS is the essence of God and as such has all the qualities of God including God's "personality".

He said, that is more understanding of the Trinity than most trinitarians have !!

I like dthat guy, LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit