Christians explain? Jews never believed in a Trinity even today so how/when did it start?

by Witness 007 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

waiting

• designs
    designs

Instead of waiting and fuming Think, and study outside of the box you were raised in. You can't put God in a box or label the Supreme Being with a Creed.

Go outside tonight and look at the Moon and Venus next to it, our ancestor Abraham stood and saw that amazing sight and our grandchildrens grandchildren will be seeing it far into the future. Its an amazing universe.

...and remember to do something kind and good for others today, and be a good steward of this earth.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

designs, that was Jupiter, not Venus :)

• designs
    designs

Hope you enjoyed the sight all the same.

• wobble
    wobble

Part of my discussion with my B.I.L and sister this morning (On my thread "did they listen") concerned the Trinity.

I put it to them that the trinity as understood by most Churches was so close to the "truth" from the scriptures. The Dubs like to infer that a religion is false because it teaches the trinity and that the doctrine is a million miles away from scripture.

I pointed to the times that Jesus is called Theos in scripture, and said that the doctrine points to a beautifull truth, that Gods hand of love and friendship was given to us in Christ, god in the flesh indeed !

They did not deny this. So maybe a seed planted. I also pointed out that they had a problem trying to disprove the doctrine using the N.T , my sister acknowledged it was difficult,she is struggling to prove her point of view with some Baptists, I wish her luck (not)

"designs" she asked me what my religion was now and I quoted James, looking after Widows and orphans " etc. she could not say that was wrong !

Love

Wobble

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    On salvation, notice the tense used BTS

I do notice the tense which is why I phrased my prior post this way. Actually, to be more accurate, I notice the tenses. There are multiple texts with different tenses. Christian salvation is a process: a theosis or deification. As a Christian:

I have been saved (past event)

Rom. 8:24 - for in this hope we were saved (but, again, why "hope" if salvation is a certainty?)

Eph. 2:5,8 - for by grace you have been saved through faith.

2 Tim. 1:9 - He saved us and called us through grace and not by virtue of our own works outside of His grace.

Titus 3:5 - He saved us in virtue of His own mercy, and not by our deeds.

I am being saved (present event)

1 Cor. 1:18 - for the word of the cross is folly to those perishing, but for to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.

2 Cor. 2:15 - for we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved. (Salvation is a continual process.)

Phil. 2:12 - we are working out our salvation through fear and trembling. (Salvation is an ongoing process.)

I will be saved (future event)

Rom. 5:9-10 - since we are justified by His blood, we shall be saved.

Rom. 13:11 - salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.

1 Cor. 3:15 - he will be saved, but only as through fire.

1 Cor. 5:5 - Paul commands the Church to deliver a man to satan, that he will be saved in the day of the Lord.

2 Tim. 2:11-12 - if we endure, we shall also reign with Him. This requires endurance until the end of our lives.

Heb. 9:28 - Jesus will appear a second time to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him.

To use the Eastern terms: catharsis, theoria, theosis.

BTS

• designs
    designs

Nice Wobble.

• Chalam
    Chalam

BTS, I agree.

"I was, am and will be saved".

God is equally present in every tense, from everlasting to everlasting and does not change Psalm 103:17 James 1:17 Hebrews 13:8

All the best,

Stephen

• QuestForThruth
    QuestForThruth

@jonathan dough

"That is plagarism and at the least you should acknowledge that fact."

I have taked this article from "others" web site with no mention of where that come from...

Sorry Clinton D. Willis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit