Christians explain? Jews never believed in a Trinity even today so how/when did it start?

by Witness 007 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• glenster
    glenster

What I have on it is on pp.6b-10 at the next link.
    http://gtw6437.tripod.com/id18.html

Leaving the terms Trinity and Macedonian to later history, I give the basic
    mainstream and JWs leaders' stances on the verses used to decide about the
    Father, Son, and Spirit, explain why I can't use the JWs leaders' forced points
    or such, then see what seems most likely to have been the original idea with
    what's left on the plate.

"Jews never believed in a Trinity even today so how/when did it start?"

Christianity originated among Jewish people. The Jewish people who didn't
    believe in Jesus as Christians do interpreted various things differently--that
    Jesus wasn't descended from David, didn't fulfill prophecies, so wasn't the
    Messiah, etc., and don't believe in the NT.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thanks for that info TD,

As usual it seems the WT doesn't know what Jesus is or was, and are sending out mixed messages, as usual.

• Spook
    Spook

JW's are correct that the "Trinity" was ana daptive development.

They are incorrect, however, that bible actually contains some "other" doctrine which supplants or supercedes it. It seems most issues in any given religion have always been contested.

In other words, JW's remove one cooked up doctrine and replace it with others. Good ol' switch-a-roo!

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Did you ever go to the British Museum? You'll see from the certain artefacts that trinity was a pagan teaching. The Egyptian's also believed in tri-gods.

The trinity and the teaching's of Jesus Christ stem from pagan beliefs.

RAB

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    RAB Did you ever go to the British Museum? You'll see from the certain artefacts that trinity was a pagan teaching. The Egyptian's also believed in tri-gods.
    The trinity and the teaching's of Jesus Christ stem from pagan beliefs.

Absolutely wrong. Trinity does not teach three Gods; it is not tritheistic but monotheistic. That's a JW deceptive tactic that misleads many. Don't fall for that one.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-2.html#11

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#1

• Satanus
    Satanus

That jesus was a godman is taught by the catholic church:

On the God-Man (Deus-Homo, theanthropos

One of the most important effects of the union of the Divine nature and humannature in One Person is a mutual interchange of attributes, Divine and human, between God and man, the Communicatio Idiomatum. The God-Man is one Person, and to Him in the concrete may be applied the predicates that refer to the Divinity as well as those that refer to the Humanity of Christ. We may say God is man, was born, died, was buried. These predicates refer to the Person Whose nature is human, as well as Divine; to the Person Who is man, as well as God. We do not mean to say that God, as God, was born; but God, Who is man, was born. We may not predicate the abstract Divinity of the abstract humanity, nor the abstract Divinity of the concrete man, nor vice versa; nor the concrete God of the abstract humanity, nor vice versa. We predicate the concrete of the concrete: Jesus is God; Jesus is man; the God-Man was sad; the Man-God was killed. Some ways of speaking should not be used, not that they may not be rightly explained, but that they may easily be misunderstood in an heretical sense.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07706b.htm#III1c

It is based on the nt, which's writing was instigated by paul, the roman citizen, also a jew. He diverged from the established jewish system, and went whol hog into nonjewish area of thought and also invited in the gentiles. He probably never dreamed that his efforts would develop into one of the world's leading religions.

S

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Not sure of your point Satanus. Is this meant to correct or contradict something said here?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Jesus was both Man and God. Google hypostatic union.

BTS

• Satanus
    Satanus

jonathan

No, not really. It's a continuation of a comment i made earlier, about god men in history. I presented a bird's eye view. Godmen ruling over people was very common, all over the world. While the jews and the ot did not have them,the nt and the roman state church brought one back. Interestingly, the moslems don't have a god man, either. It must be a semitic thing, to reject godmen (arabs are also semitic).

S

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Jesus was both Man and God. Google hypostatic union.
    BTS

I think I understand the hypostatic union. I didn't understand the point he was trying to make but now I do.

Here is my research on the God-man Jesus.

5) The Hypostatic Union: Jesus is fully God and fully man. This God-man is both divine and human, a divine Person who assumed a human nature.

6) Further articulation of the Hypostatic Union - the nature of the God-man Jesus.

JD II

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit