Watchtower Sends Legal Notice To Website Regarding Coyright Infringement

by Bangalore 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Br. Moake didn't quote any scriptures in his "Notice of Claimed Infringement". I can't believe a letter went out from WTBTS without Bible quotes.

Technically, intellectual property is covered by copyright laws. Good luck finding anything intellectual in Botchtower Corporation litteratrash. Case dismissed.

Maybe they could trademark the word "happify" or something.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maybe they could trademark the word "happify" or something.

That word should be banned.

W

• middleman
    middleman

Does anyone know if the Society has ever sued anyone's Youtube channel?

MM777

http://middleman777.wordpress.com/

• shamus100
    shamus100

Look people -

The Watchtower Corporation has spent a lot of slave labour... or, um, money on their corporate imagine, and it is up to them to protect it. The slaves who made up the artwork put thier heart and soul into it, and you are all being very inconsiderate.

Thus, if we can happify the situation, brothers and sisters, we will thus be blessed by Jehovah happily with happification.

(what I'm trying to say is the watchtower is very emberassed by whats on the net, and it's going on the offensive. good for them! )

• wobble
    wobble

They really have turned into the biggest turds on the planet.

What do they hope to achieve, cover up all their silly nonsense for a while ????

I have news for the GB and the Legal Dept (Nazis) THE INTERNET IS HERE TO STAY, AND DUBS ARE USING IT,

YOU AIN'T GOT NOWHERE TO HIDE !!

Love

Wobble

• dinah
    dinah

I'm so happified I left! I'll be even happifiederer when they are gone. See? Watchtower writers arent the only ones who can make up words!

Let 'em go on the offensive. It'll just make it more obvious where their interests truly lie........and it ain't with the sheeples, folks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Notice of Claimed Infringement
    Sent: Tue 9/15/09
    To: shamus100
    dinah

To Whom It May Concern:

Without authorization, the above-referenced apostates have posted a trademarked word of Watch Tower Bible and Masterbation Society of Pennsylvania’s (Watch Tower). The word 'happify' and various rewordifications(tm) have been reproduced and made available for transmission in the Interwebs(tm). These were taken from Watch Tower’s list of nonsensical verbage without approvification(tm).

We appreciate that these satanic apostates may have good intentions in using and posting such information. However, Watch Tower has not given anybody else any permission to reproduce and distribute any of its trademarked words. Hence, such unauthorized use of this word violates intellectual property law.

We hereby request that you take all steps necessary to remove all the infringing words that belong to Watch Tower from the apostate Interweb site and that you advise us in writing within ten (7+3) days of the date of this electronic message whether or not you will take the requested action or not.

I have a bad ass belief that use of the materials in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

I hereby state under penalty of perjury that this information is accurate, and that I am authorized to kick ass on behalf of the owner of the infringed word.
    Yours very truly,
    Richard B.A. Moake
    Associate General Counsel
    Watch Tower Bible and Masterbation Society of Pennsylvania
    100 Kick Ass Drive
    Patyerass, NY 12563-9204, U.S.A.
    [email protected]

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm gonna happify you in a minute here....

Hey, that doesn't make sense at all..

• observador
    observador

Copyrighting a translation of the Bible is understanble. The problem here is that the WT has said since its inception that all JW must 'advertise, advertise, advertise', and if you don't, you guilty of the blood of those you failed to 'advertise'. So, preventing you from advertising what the New World translation or any of their books says verbatim doesn't make sense.

The other authors of Bible translation out there don't say that if you don't advertise the 'good news' according to their Bible you will die at Armageddon.

So, the more the JWs hear 'don't record', 'don't publish', 'don't share the talks', 'don't even say the I... word', the more thinking JWs will go awry. Good!

Observador

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Was anyone else confused by that website?

It stated at the beginning that it was run by JWs and was "safe" for witlesses but by the end it turned into an anti-JW rant!

Good points made at the end for any witlesses who bother to read the end.

Its been a long day so I may be imagining things tho!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit