Watchtower Sends Legal Notice To Website Regarding Coyright Infringement

by Bangalore 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booby
    booby

Look for a nose dive in placements in the congos as the sheeples become afraid of the wrath from the gb regarding there spreading copyright material.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

this is an old thread

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I don't think this particular use would be considered fair use.

:From what I have seen, the websites that have been challenged by the WTBTS on copyright issues contain all, or nearly all, of Watchtower publications and add very little or no commentary. It seems that these would be hard to defend on fair use grounds.

"Copyright" issues? "Fair Use"? "Legal Grounds?" Excuse me here, but isn't the WTS entirely based on the Bible, and is the Bible copyrighted? No, it is not. Would Jehovah WANT his Holy book to be copyrighted? No, He would not. Is not the message of the WTS to provide transparent and free information in order to help others gain eternal salvation? Well, that's what they SAY it is.

If every thing the WTS says and does is 100% based upon the Bible, then anything they say and do can be found in the Bible which itself is not copyrighted.

Since the WTS is always hiding information from the general public and its own rank and file and since the WTS is doing everything possible to protect its own precious "copyrights", then it can safely be said that the religion is not 100% based upon the Bible, and their claims to the contrary is a pack of lies.

Case closed.

Farkel

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Old threads are often resurrected.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

True they are

They don't want people reading WT litterature on their own. They want and need control over how people get the information. If my neighbor gets a book and sits down and reads it on their own they will pretty quickly realize the whole in the logic. That is what the Bible Study format is for. To make sure they don't see the holes in the logic; to move them towards meetings and all the rest iof it. They are looking for more salespeople - not people who really want to know what God says

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit