ex wants to be free to remarry - ugh

by No Apologies 71 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

So...if you are such a nice guy, why are you divorced? Never mind..NOMB. :)

There is being NICE and there is not being able to unring the bell once you sign something like that. And she isnt going to care the consquences you now have to live with from others. She will have what she wants.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Have you considered driving over her in a parking lot?..

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Why should you get in trouble and risk disfellowshipping, just so she can play by Watchtower rules? If she wants to remarry she can commit adultery. She has less to loose than you do by admitting to it.

Either way, once she is remarried the financial situation will be the same for you.

• Anne
    Anne

You live in the Midwest, all JW's are extra crazy here. If you don't give her what she wants she'll get a couple of "the brothers" to do a stakeout. (Most normal people would call it stalking.)

• startingover
    startingover

WOW, this is a tough situation. What would your JW families reaction be if you told them what she wanted?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"She hasn't even met the guy yet! There is no reason for me to be the one putting everything at risk."

His name wouldn't happen to be Spike Tassel, would it? So, she meets and rejects the poor dude and you face a judicial committee and still have to pay her "support". Sounds like what usually happens to nice guys.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Why are you having to pay spousal support? Most courts only give it to a woman if they never worked and even then it is usually only for a year. Time enough for them to learn to stand on their own two feet.

And Who's to say she will marry quickly, she may drag it on for years and you will still have to pay. I would check and see if there is any way that you wouldn't have to pay anymore. It's not fair.

When my daughter got divorced her ex only had to pay for a year. He (on his own) paid for her extra schooling to get a good job that paid good and then she was on her own. He still paid child support though.

As for the proof thing..you just have to weigh the pros and cons of both sides. Everything comes at a price. I think you are a nice guy for wanting her to be happy, not too many divorced people want that, they want the ex-spouse to suffer...lol

• oompa
    oompa

this thread cracks me up!.........mail her a plastic bag of used coffee grounds if she wants grounds..........but seriously........i have a poontang solution........show up at her home.......and since you guys are still "scripturally married" (barf and tooo stupid) then tell her you are REALLY in the mood and she had no right to refuse putting our her" marital due" (barf)........wonder is she would say she feels still married to you then??........oompa

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Dang I'm really sorry. Sounds like she's trying really hard to put you between the proverberial rock and a hard place. But reading your original post, forgive me I haven't read the whole thread, kind of pisses me off at your ex.

How arrogant and condesending it is to want something like that in writing or to a third party?! Geez, what a cold and mean thing to demand.

It's up to you, but if it were me I would give her what she wants only if she gives me something in return. I would tell the third party (which leaves me open for plausible deniability later if I so choose) IF she paid me back all that "spousal maintenance". Otherwise go fly a kite.

Bottomline is I wouldn't give her what she wants unless you get something from her and that means more than just the absence of spousal maintenance.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Just "take the money and run!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit