When bad spelling trolls leave, new bad spellers (studies, JW's, JW lovers) arrive

by OnTheWayOut 77 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

If I had the power, I would smite this thread. I never make fun of the points made in others' threads.

I don't think anyone is making fun of the point, they all got it. People who come here as trolls to insite arguments or elicit sympathy for a non-existant personal/JW issue use bad grammar and spelling so that we will assume they are uneducated, illiterate poor little victims and give them what they want... Attention, and lots of it. When the fun fades, or they feel that they've been discovered, the pull the, "you guys are so mean, I'm going back to Jehovah. The elders were right! BOO-HOO-HOO-HOO" and they are out of here. Mostly, they create another identity and come back as some other pitiful thing. Most people don't buy it...

BTW, Einstein couldn't spell for s**t and he was hardly a pitiful little victim needing care.

J

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JB, Thanks for explaining to me that the fun play is on my side. You said it best.

• caliber
    caliber

Some of a our fellow dyslexic friends

...Einstein couldn't spell for s**t and he was hardly a pitiful little victim needing care

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    There is a BIG difference in being dyslexic and to spell bad because you just don´t care or don´t find it important!
    Most people spelling bad are NOT dyslexic. They´re ignorant and lazy.

Ignorance or laziness: which is it on your part? It's not proper to say, "spell bad" or "spelling bad." You should use the adverb badly.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

@ Flyin...

Strangely enough, something about glass houses just popped into my mind... can't think what it was though so, *shrugs* Meh...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

So, it's okay to have a spelling problem, and you are not ignorant and lazy, as long as you don't do it in your 'native tongue'. Got it!

I really wish you guys would stop changing the rules on me... it's difficult to keep up...

J

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Earth to nathmedeah: I am playing with you and am not angry... Geez... Mr. Cranky Pants!

J

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow:
    As I have written up here before, english is not my first language.
    Wonder how you would spell in swedish? At least I speak another language. Do you?

I don't spell well in English, which is my language. I am making a point. If you criticize people whose spelling and grammar do not measure up to your standards, using the words ignorance or laziness, then you should be using proper grammar and spelling yourself.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If you criticize people whose spelling and grammar do not measure up to your standards, using the words ignorance or laziness, then you should be using proper grammar and spelling yourself.

I know this is not directed at me, but just to chime in- spelling or grammar are not indicators of laziness. Ignorance of proper spelling or grammar is not a crime, nor is it really an insult to say someone is "ignorant." (Though it can be slung as an insult, it is okay to be ignorant of proper spelling and/or grammar.)

Beyond that, Jeanniebeanz has summed up my point better than I did:

People who come here as trolls to insite arguments or elicit sympathy for a non-existant personal/JW issue use bad grammar and spelling so that we will assume they are uneducated, illiterate poor little victims and give them what they want...
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What would happen if one of those lazy, obese people sits on you because he doesn't understand your broken english? When you say, "Sit on me, please." Instead of "Please don't sit on me." This would be poetic justice and quite amusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit