When bad spelling trolls leave, new bad spellers (studies, JW's, JW lovers) arrive

by OnTheWayOut 77 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They mostly all get it, Trevor Scott. It's just more fun for them to pretend I meant that bad spelling was a sign of trollness.

If I had the power, I would smite this thread. I never make fun of the points made in others' threads.

• undercover
    undercover

Meet the new trolls, same as the old trolls

(with apologies to The Who)

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

undercover: We Won't Get Fooled Again!

;)

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Am I the only one who assumes that the "new" trolls spell as badly as the "old" trolls because the new trolls ARE the old trolls.....

I thought that was the point of the OP....

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

: I thought that was the point of the OP....

K. So it wasn't just me. :)

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Shhhhhh nobody talk about the elephant in the room.

• caliber
    caliber

...I'm going to need lots of help & understanding

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Caliber, not just spelling... we're talking 3rd grade grammar. In that case, the offendee deserves as much Oxford dictionary bashing by Nazis as they get.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I realise that it's easy to make spelling mistakes when your focused on typing a post in a hurry

however

the alarm bells ring in my head when a newbie posts that they have been a JW for years and they can't spell Jehovah

Hopscotch

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Many also don't seem to know the difference between there, their, and they're. These are very basic things which most people learn by the fifth grade.
    W

I don't think it's that they don't know the difference. When you are typing in a hurry, your brain doesn't necessarily give you the correct there, their or they're. Have you ever gone back and read a post you made, hours later and realized you you used the word to instead of too, as in too many? Or you typed their instead of there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit