I was a False Prophet

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 87 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The Watchtower Society got caught up in their own misguided biblical interpretations, the forwarding damage of that

unfortunately got intertwined with commercial aspirations of a publishing company creating a corrupt business

venture. The established money / power of the corporation should have been dismantled when C T Russell died,

unfortunately it didn't and it fell into the hands again of corrupt men to use their advantage and that is the real history

of the WTS. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Sammylee, what is she/it then? she sure makes a good effort to be a Dub, she definitely does not get up off her fat ass to go out on the door knocking work the amount of time she must spend on here

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

The youtube film about The World Tomorrow was quite interesting

At about 5:27 Armstrong says the following:

God says, if a man tells you what is about to happen, wait and see. If it doesn't happen he was not speaking the word of God. He was speaking out of his own mind. You wait and see if these things happen.

He was proved false by his own words and so is the Society proved false by its own words. Arguing about the definition of a prophet is pointless. Whether you believe the Society is a prophet or not doesn't really matter, the evidence is conclusive that they have spoken falsely.

What struck me about the film was the humbleness of the men in charge. They realized that what they had been taught and consequently went teaching it to others was wrong. They humbly sat down and with an open mind, re-examined the scriptures and let the scriptures speak for themselves. I can't imagine that ever happening at Brooklyn.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I can't imagine that ever happening at Brooklyn.

A worldwide business conglomerate was formed, real estate interests totaling in the hundreds of millions, perhaps now in

the billion dollars mark, thats a lot to just toss out the window and dismantle.

The mechanisms of this corporation are undeniably going to be maintained for as long as it can,

there are many men who are now vying to sit on the throne of the vast worldwide kingdom to be sure.

The industry of god is both empowering and profitable.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

When I was a Dub I beleived that the men at the top were honest and if they found something to be false would correct it no matter what the consequenses, because we were all trying to serve God and teach truth. But now I realize that they would be the last ones to want to rock the boat. For example, if they were to acknoledge that 1914 is false then their authority is lost. Who in power willing gives up their throne when they don't have to do it? They will hold on to it as long as possible.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Matthew 24:24
    For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

And witnesses don't do signs or miracles or claim prophetic dreams and visions or even claim they are inspired. All they do is try and intepret the ACTUAL ALREADY there biblie prophecies and we are given the bible prophecies to do exactly that so as to be prepared but God recognises we will have difficulty with them but understanding will come. as I said earlier thessalonians were eager and thought Jesus had returned but they weren't condemned just counciled.

My reply: BS answer. Jesus said false prophets will apear and then says they will perform great signs and wonders. He did not say the performing of signs and wonders was a prereq to being a false prophet. Deut 18 tells us what a fals eprophet is- they speak in the name of God what does not come to pass. WT- guilty!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

There are so many false prophecies spoken, written and sold by the WTS. right from the beginning of this publishing company.

The fulfillment dream of having the power of god into some mens hands was the only truthful aspect of this organization,

the consequences of that were regrettable and unfortunate though for the millions that got involved and supported this organization.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Reniaa loves to quote Matthew 7:21 ...

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven – only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Good scripture, but did she read the next verse? Let's look at Matthew 7:22-23 ...

On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful deeds?’ Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit