I was a False Prophet

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 87 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Yes we were all caught in a pretentious commercialized lie of what was suppose to be true spirituality in a relationship

with the creator. Unfortunately instead we were involved in nothing but a man made power and money making scheme,

devised through a devious Religious Publishing Company.

Somehow we saw the light and the real truth about this organization, its a fraud just like the rest of them.

It does feel good about finally speaking the truth, in a healthy and wholesome way.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, this is exactly what I was telling simon about you

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/180274/1/Simon-Do-you-know-Reniaa-personally

you take someones experience, and nullify it with your insensitive garbage

simon, take heed this one makes people here unwelcome

• carla
    carla

Excellent post!

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

OUTLAW: I agree with you completely. We were just puppets repeating what we were told.

Chlam: You said " False prophets speak for themselves and "gods" who exalt themselves to Christ's position." Thank you. that was the point I was trying to bring out with my reply to reniaa. The Society has made themselves equal to Christ. They say that it is only through them can anyone gain salvation.

The Almighty Homer: It does feel good to be out and free from the nonsense. I started realizing that the Society was looking at us as a cash cow when I bought my first WT CD. I don't remember the exact price, but for something that cost maybe a quarter to make, they were making some profit. I had a lot of elderly brothers and sisters and a few single moms in the congregation. All struggling financially. Plus the pioneers with their part time jobs and living home with their parents. No one had money to burn. I never had any idea how much it cost to make the books, but the Cd's I knew because I could buy blank Cd's for a dollar back then. The Society could buy large quantities and would be able to purchase them for a lot less. Probably a lot of people had the same thoughts that I did, so when they went to the donation only, revenue dropped.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Sorry I missed your posts:

carla: Thank you

DaCheech: I have seen reniaa try to divert many a thread and nullify people's experiences. I think that most that come here and lurk for awhile before posting will see reniaa's tactics for what they are.

As far as my original post is concerned, I know that we are not technically prophets, but we did act like one. We brought a message that was suppose to be from God. We believed that the message was real and that people's lives where in danger. What we preached was false. Do I blame us for spreading these lies. No, but I do feel bad for the ones I brought in and for anyone that was inactive and I encouraged back. When you are in, you feel like you are serving God. When your eyes are opened, you feel, or at least I do, that it was all a terrible waste of time and energy. We were fooled by those at the head of this organization. They are the ones who are the true false prophets. Not us.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Chlam: You said " False prophets speak for themselves and "gods" who exalt themselves to Christ's position." Thank you. that was the point I was trying to bring out with my reply to reniaa. The Society has made themselves equal to Christ. They say that it is only through them can anyone gain salvation.

Even more, they not only exalt themselves but also demote Jesus.

The bible says He is God with us Matthew 1:23 However, the WT proclaim Jesus is only "a god" with us.

By Him "all things were created" Colossians 1:15-17 but the WT add to the original text and say Jesus only made "all [other] things".

The bible says Jesus "died once for all" Romans 6:10 1 Peter 3:18 However, the WT say His blood is not for all but only a select few. Also they will be the mediator for the majority, not Jesus.

Subtle but significant demotion.

All the best,

Stephen

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi dacheech

I was just pointing out the biblical qualifications for being a false prophet in end times since the poster claimed to have been one. Jesus was very clear they would claim to do signs and miracles and ACTUALLY saying they are the Christ in reality. Jesus was very specific on end time false prophets actual claims and revelation also says the same.

Reniaa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Reniaa,

Print this out and stick it on your fridge.

Deuteronomy 18:20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, doesn't the watchtower use the bible's 2 witness rule to make a judgement?

well, we have more than 2 here that will attest against you and your interpretations

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren refuses to listen or look at scriptures like that , which are stones wallers in exposing the WTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit