I was a False Prophet

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 87 Replies latest jw friends

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

I was a false prophet. I would spend many a waking hour proclaiming to others that I had special knowledge that I was willing to share so that they could survive the impeding doom that was shortly coming upon mankind. I proclaimed to the world, or at least anyone I came in contact with, that the world would end within a generation’s time from 1914. I spoke this vile falsehood for years without any remorse.

I falsely spoke telling them that I was participating in a special separating work being done all over the world. If they accepted what I was speaking to them, they would be among the sheep that would be protected in the spiritual ark of which I was a crewmember.

I falsely spoke when I told them to hurry time was wasting. I told them it wasn’t necessary to get an education or save for retirement. They shouldn’t waste their time, for the end was coming soon.

I falsely spoke when I told them that this world was an evil place and beware of everyone that doesn’t listen and accept what I had to say. I explained to them that Satan might even use their own family to try to stop them from listening to me and the more they accepted my proclamations the more pressure their family would put on them.

I told them that if their friends made fun of them then they were jealous of their new calling and that they were not really their friends after all.

I even trained others to be false prophets as well. We proclaimed our false teachings side by side laughing at those that ridiculed our teachings. Pronouncing the condemnation of these evildoers to death and that the birds would eat them and we would live in their homes.

I introduced my pupils to my masters who hid behind the Great Tower. From where they directed our every move. They were the masterminds behind it all. I was just one of their puppets.

As time went on, the head prophets ( The Masters pulling my strings) decided to stop these false teachings because it was becoming too obvious that they were in fact false and it was getting harder to fool people. . So, they cleverly changed the false teachings to new ones. Giving us instructions to stop with the old lies and use the new lies. They figured these new teachings could last awhile before the people got wise and then they would have to change them again.

I could not go on with this charade any longer and now I am no longer a false prophet. Because I will not do the bidding of my former masters anymore, they now view me as one of the condemned evildoers.

I only hope that those I fooled with my cunning realize the charade and follow me once more, but this time to freedom.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Same here.

You're in good company.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Thank you Leavingwt I don't comment much on the forum, but I feel at home here.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I only hope that those I fooled with my cunning realize the charade and follow me once more, but this time to freedom.

Bravo!

Very well said!

Same here.

Forgive yourself, even as God has.

Sylvia

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Thank you snowbird

I have forgiven myself. I thought it was the truth and I was actually saving people. I am just glad that even though I didn't have a great many studies, of the ones that I did have most never even came close to becoming JWs. Only three did and that is three too many. One has passed away while still believing in the lie.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I do believe one of the worst regrets about having been a dub are the people we unwittingly snared, especially if it was family.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

IWBDNM, you have an eloquent way of expressing yourself. The only thing I take issue with is your excessively wordy name.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have often wondered how those that left the WT feel about people that they brought under the influence of the WT.

Thanks for clearing that up, but don't be to hard on yourself, people have the choice to hear what you had to say and find out the truth for themselves, to ignore it or to swallow the pill, the choices was, in the end, THEIRS.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

parakeet: I agree with you wholeheartedly. My biggest regret is leading my sister into this mess. The irony is that the last ten years I was in, I was very active and my sister and husband were not. As I started seeing the light, they started becoming more active. Now he is an an MS and so is their son. It breaks my heart.

bluecanary: Thank you for the complement. I agree with you about the name. Sometimes I have to sign-in again and it is a pain. I thought the name was cleaver at the time I joined.

PSacramento: You are correct about the choice being theirs. Thankfully today we have the internet and information about the Watchtower can be found quite easily. Years ago there wasn't much info available. That is why I believe it is much harder today to convince someone it is the truth. Most young ones teenagers are computer savvy and with a click of a mouse know to stay clear. Most of the baptisms today that are done in my area are either family or friends of those already in.

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Thank you - I really enjoyed reading that. When my wife gets home from work, I'm sure she'll enjoy it too. You expressed the thoughts of many of us here, but in such an interesting way.

Thank you,

SM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit