I was a False Prophet

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, i preached that the generation of 1914 wouldn't end, before karmageddon came.

S

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi blacksheep

first they have never claimed divine inspiration so haven't claimed to speak in God's words, any dates they have got have been from scriptural examination "times" etc so allow that these understandings can be refined and not set in stone. Jesus's return is God's own sons prophecy and getting people to be ready for it is what we are directed to do.

Matthew 24:44
    So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

the thessallonian were counciled but not condemned for thinking Jesus had already arrived, and throughout the ages many Christian religions have eagerly jumped beyond readiness into thinking it's now or on such a date/time but time itself has refined them but did Jesus condemn in those words above when he said people would not know the hour? It is a council not a condemnation.

but now we look at what the bible clearly states are false prophets in the End times! you will will not find this in deut but in Jesus's words and revelation and they both clearly state they come with signs and miracles as well as saying they are Christ himself (why are you ignoring these clear scriptures?). Witnesses do not do this but these days there has been a growth of born again/ TV evangelist/charassmatic faiths that do do this literally I think they have more to worry about.

Reniaa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, i preached that the generation of 1914 wouldn't end, before karmageddon came.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

S

• chickpea
    chickpea

oh yeah baby!

at first i was thinking:
    no way i was a prophet
    having never heard god

then i read further to see
    that is true; i am no prophet

but it is inescapably true
    that "i was a false prophet"

mea culpa
    mea culpa
    mea maxima culpa......

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi satanas

that was a mistaken understanding from JESUS'S OWN WORDS.

Matthew 24:34
    I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

God allows for misunderstandings it's why we have the bible in the first place

2 Timothy 3:16 (New International Version)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Reniaa

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so then jesus was the false prophet? pass the buck

• reniaa
    reniaa

Your right Dacheech

he wasn't a false prophet but deut condemns us for putting our own words onto God not misunderstanding already inspired prophecy thats were refinement comes in and the need for re-examining the bible for clearer understanding.

The appostles themselves misunderstood Jesus's words and started thinking one of them would stay alive and spreading it among themselves. Were they condemned? NO! Jesus just counciled them.

Reniaa

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK, false prophet test...

1 John 4 (New International Version)

Test the Spirits
    1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. JW fail. They do not acknowledge Jesus but "jehovah". JW pay Jesus only lip service. Have you ever heard a JW say "Jesus is Lord"? Also, JWs teach Jesus is now a "spirit creature" contrary to Jesus' very own words! Luke 24:39

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

The WT cannot speak for the Spirit of Truth because they have clearly spoken so much falsehood Luke 6:45 John 8:44

God's Love and Ours
    7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son [b] into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for [c] our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. JWs fail on love. There is a clear disparity between biblical love and the Witness reality John 13:34-35

13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

JWs fail. They teach the Holy Spirit has not been given to them and does not live within them but only the anointed, contrary to the bible Acts 2:17 Acts 2:39

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 17 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

JWs fail on love again and also on fear, the WT doctrine is built on it.

19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

JWs fail. I have seen a good number of posts from JWs expressing hate for "apostates" and others. Want to know who your brother is? Luke 10:29 Matthew 5:43-47 All the best, Stephen

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

reniaa said: hi satanas

that was a mistaken understanding from JESUS'S OWN WORDS.

Matthew 24:34
    I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Where did Jesus ever say that 1914 had any meaning at all. The scripture you quote is quite easy to understand. The destruction of Jerusalem came within a generation, which in the scriptures lasts at most 90 years. The false sayings spewing from the Societies lips were not a misinterpretation of the word generation, but of the false teaching of a convoluted belief in the year 1914 having some kind of importance.

I don't think you have read the older literature, but you should. You will see that on many occasions the writings of the Society stated that what they were proclaiming wasn't from man but from God himself. They said on more than one occasion that the dates weren't man's dates but God's dates. Since they claim to be speaking for God as his channel for mankind, his mouth piece as you will. than if they proclaim something will happen and it doesn't, than they are false prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit