I was a False Prophet

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 87 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Iwill

misintepreting bible scripture wrongly is not prophecy and I'm am still open on 1914 having seen the times prophecy, convoluted scripture? yes indeed, but still based on Prophecy from scripture. They are not putting scripture where it isn't and the generation scripture clearly is a doublefold prophecy and you know it! otherwise Jesus would have returned on the destruction of Jerusalem.

Biblical Prophecy is only 100% after the fact it is not expected we should have perfect understanding on it, most of it is in symbolic language and obscure thought so as to avoid People just paying lipservice to God. we are meant to interpret it with guidance. The accountability is in not doing it and failing to do God's will.

Matthew 24:47-52 (New International Version)

47 I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Reniaa

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Chalam and IWBADNM couldn't have put it better, 2 superb replies, unfortunately Ren will neither read or take heed to those 1st class responses, it just makes me so frustrated that people like Ren and the major population of Duds continue to say " we are not inspired of God, or we never made those proclamations !or we are only directing honest hearted ones to the loving ways of Jeehooba" it just goes to show what liars and deceivers they are. The scripture that speaks of a pig returning to the mire clearly describes them

• reniaa
    reniaa

HI jookbeard

It's easy to critisise the workers from the side of a field pointing out where they are going wrong but how can you get the wage unless you are working in the field?

Reniaa

• Quandry
    Quandry

dubbednomore,

Where did Jesus ever say that 1914 had any meaning at all. The scripture you quote is quite easy to understand. The destruction of Jerusalem came within a generation, which in the scriptures lasts at most 90 years. The false sayings spewing from the Societies lips were not a misinterpretation of the word generation, but of the false teaching of a convoluted belief in the year 1914 having some kind of importance.

I never thought of this in quite that way. Indeed, instead of the controversing surrounding "generation" it should be the date 1914, which the WTS claims in indisputable.

But of course, they cannot sweep the date under the rug, as it would undermine ALL their core beliefs!

And yes, I think of the many years I was supposedly doing a "separating work." Then again, telling people they must hurry to make a decision, as we had a six month Bible study program.

And of course, the words in the front cover of the AWAKE magazine, building my confidence (their words) in the FACT that the generation that saw the beginnings of the pangs of distress would NOT PASS AWAY before the end came.....they of course quietly changed the words......

I am guessing Reniaa was not preaching these things many years ago, and so doesn't know how it feels.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren , I was a worker , going around banging on doors , selling the crap from the WTS in the meantime expanding the bank balance of the harlot she is, until I was guided away from the filth and lies that the WTS stands for, and like all those on here who were former workers , we are involved in a life saving work hopefully directing folks away from the filth and murderous doctrine that spews from the filthy,dirty mouth that is the WTS, one day Ren you may just listen to the message .

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Reniaa: I was working in the field for many years until I realized my employers weren't who they said they were and I recognized that the payment they were offering wasn't to be. If you are happy working for them, I wish you well.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi chandry

I was I'm not young :s but I cannot see how getting ACTUAL bible prophecy wrong is false prophecy? as I said above we are meant to intepret the scriptural prophecies and to be prepared. what we shouldn't be doing is burying the talent unused. we are given bible prophecy for a reason we should be using it!.

Matthew 25:14-30 (New International Version)

14 "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. 15 To one he gave five talents [a] of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more. 17 So also, the one with the two talents gained two more. 18 But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.

19 "After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'

21 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

22 "The man with the two talents also came. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.'

23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

24 "Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'

26 "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 " 'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents. 29 For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren , of course it's wrong, if the WTS makes a prophetic statement lets just say 1935, which the WTS clearly stated that this was the exact cut off date for anointed Christians, the R&F have to accept this statement as being current truth, if you do not, and voice opinions that differ from the WTS's lies you will be charged with being an apostate, kicked out of the WTS, shunned by family / friends possibly for the rest of your life.So it's ok for the WTS to class you as an apostate, yet if the WTS changes it's dogma to new light , what does that make the WTS? if they have previously kicked you out of the WTS? I wish you would get the Duet 18 scripture tattooed on you Ren,or write it on a post it note and stick it on the end of your nose.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Quandry: The society is stuck with 1914. It they admit that date is bogus, then the whole belief system crumbles. They can no longer claim that they were chosen by Jesus after his enthronement. The 1914 generation is quickly dying off and they had to do something, so they changed the definition of generation. In their haste, they didn't chose a definition that fit their needs, so they changed it again a few years later. Now the word has no meaning at all. So if the end doesn't come for hundreds of years, it is fine, all Jesus meant was that there would be anointed ones around when it came. Not that it would happen in an individuals lifetime from 1914. Total rubbish.

All those years that we spent out in service thinking we were part of a great separating work. Being told how privileged we were to be living at this special time in world history. How we were being used to find the sheep and that time was running out.

When they changed the teaching of the separating of the sheep and goats from now to the future with Jesus doing the separating, I couldn't understand it. Why would Jesus pick out a group to gather together people if this in actuality wasn't to be done until a future time? I couldn't make sense of it, but I still stuck around. Then the generation change came and that was the beginning of the end for me. I knew that was total nonsense and I started doing my own research and now I am free.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

false is false

and spreading falseness merits death

bible's own words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit