Questions From Readers Nov 15th 2009

by dozy 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So spike, answer my question.

Does that mean that if a women has lost all her hair because of chemo, that a wig would be considered a head covering?

LD

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

no, that is her HAIR now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LD,

A CO told us that a sister would have to wear a hat over her wig because of this:

(1 Corinthians 11:10) 10 That is why the woman ought to have a sign of authority upon her head because of the angels.

Like if an angel flew by the Hall or a Homely Bible Study and the sister was wearing just the wig, the angel might not know she was wearing a wig and would mark the sister for destruction because she wasnt' "covering her head".

Nice.

But the sister could take off her hat and wig to study or pray with Spike. It only applies if the man is baptized or her "man-head".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"man-head" lol

ok i'm not touching that one

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Actually, a bald woman can pray without a head covering as long as she's not wearing a wig.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Are we really going to beat wigs up now?

Officially, wigs don't count. Got this from the grand pupaws at Gilead.

Not that I can blame any elder for thinking otherwise, but wigs don't count.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Wigs count as HAIR, officially.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Wigs might count as HAIR, but they don't count as a "headcovering". Which is what ATJ was pointing out.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

There is also something else to be factored in: that is that sometimes a scalp can be so sensitive that nothing can be put on it, because it need air to heal, etc. In those kind of cases, a statement may be mentioned acknowledging the "head covering" issue each time, and it would suffice as long as it is done respectfully.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks Palmtree... Say, how are you doin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit