Questions From Readers Nov 15th 2009

by dozy 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I sent it already. Whatever you're confused about, pour your heart out, like we've done with each other till now.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Must Christian women wear a head covering when giving oral?

What if you like to see them though?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

obscenity is a whole 'nother Topic.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

btt because I now have a scan of the article...

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The purpose of wearing a headcover is to show allegiance to the serpent cult.

Read more here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/179076/1/Serpent-cult

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

So, because sign language interpreting is visual and not auditory, the sister needs to wear a head-covering!? And women who interpret spoken languages do not need to wear a head covering?!

This "revised direction" discriminates against sign language interpreting.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Actually it seems to rate SL interpretation higher... which suggests that the big deal in 'teaching' (which was not the point in 1 Corinthians 11 anyway) is to be seen.

Quite an interesting piece of casuistics in any case, possibly offering some insights into the authors' psychology, values and standards of (self-)"importance".

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

But, the "higher rating" is simply based on visibility, not on teaching.

I'm not convinced that listening to a speech interpreter who is a woman for an hour would be any different than watching a female sign language interpreter. I guess the "sticking point" for the GB is the large image of a woman interpreting at a JW meeting.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

How about we compromise and set up the sisters with WT sanctioned meat helmets

• nelly136
    nelly136

Like if an angel flew by the Hall or a Homely Bible Study and the sister was wearing just the wig, the angel might not know she was wearing a wig and would mark the sister for destruction because she wasnt' "covering her head".

so angels are too short sighted or silly to be able to differentiate who theyre sposed to smite....

so does that mean the women present not wearing headcoverings might get accidently whacked by friendly fire?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit