Questions From Readers Nov 15th 2009

by dozy 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

It is so exasperating to see how the GB don't really deal with real issues, they make their own unreal issues!! How many months of Wednesdays spending a couple hours did they spend on this! This is just an example of their flip-flop ability of "new light" and then after so many years they'll spend more of their empty time to flip-flop this back.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Next we will probably be hearing that oral and anal is really OK - but that people who abstained all these many years "did so out of their own conscience"...

• minimus
    minimus

The angels are sooo pissed!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Does God really care what the hell we have on our heads? After all he's the one who invented baldness.

LD

• Chalam
    Chalam

1 Corinthians 11:5 (New International Version)

5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved.

Of course the WT demonstrate a total lack of understanding. This verse is about prophesying! They are using the human mind to translate. These clearly were not using their mind but the mind of Christ
    Acts 2:4 (New International Version)

4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

This agrees

1 Corinthians 14:13-14 (New International Version)

13 For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.

Anyhow, we are not under law by Grace. We had a room full of believers at my house this week speaking in tongues and prophesying, women amongst us and not a hat in sight. All the best, Stephen

• bennyk
    bennyk

The irony in all this for our family is that my wife -- of her own volition -- determined years ago that she should wear a headcovering. First she did this only at the meetings and in "service". Several months later she began "covering" fulltime. This created a crisis among the BoE, and I was informed that was displeasing to "some" [unnamed individuals], and my wife may be "creating divisions". I pulled rank and also informed them of the 1964 Watchtower articles which state five times that those who conscienciously feel they ought wear a headcovering absolutely have that right.

I do wonder if that incident will cross their minds when they read this QfR. Not bloody likely.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It might be mentioned that this came from Apostle Paul - obviously the mysogynist champion (if not an out and out homosexual) of all the bible writers. And that the subject as far as I can recall is mentioned nowhere else.

• White Dove
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

This change was actually initiated over a year ago. the cong I was in had deaf in it. When I sawa the interpreters wearing hats and scarves, I asked one of them if this was a local decision or direct from the GB and she told me it was direct from the GB.

She said the reason was because with ASL, there was no "word-for-word" translating being done. They were now "interpreting", thus the change.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is amazing how a cultural custom close to 2000 years ago is being enforced as "biblical", maybe its true, fashion does rule the world.

ZOOLANDER !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit