Questions From Readers Nov 15th 2009

by dozy 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Aren't women in FS teaching others?

The teaching in the WTS case is teaching baptized people in the congregation. That is why though they have convoluted rules if a baptized brother is along on a study.

They also cite that Priscilla (Aquila's wife) taught Apollos before he was baptized. Acts 18:26

• JWoods
    JWoods

Isn't it also true (via WT logic) that no woman can perform any sort of public "teaching" if a baptized male happens to be present? So exactly WHO is the head covering supposed to be for, anyway?

No Teaching - except, of course, for "training excercises" in the KM school or being in some sort of skit during an assembly.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, JWoods, several older jw sisters brought just that point out that their "talks" and "demos" were teaching.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

JWoods,

They'll use sisters if they need to teach the brothers a lesson. Look at a thread I started I think called "ALllTimeJeff- When you get a minute, your take on this would be appreciated."

I don't know how to make this clickable.

: (

• JWoods
    JWoods
    ...just focus on her hands.

Soooo - that is one of those infamous "sun dresses" which were banned from the conventions...

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

In the fullness of time Sisters will be required to wear the full Burka.

As you can see I always cover my head when criticising the Godless Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I wonder if some crumpled aluminum foil would be appropriate for this purpose?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Or some leather chaps?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

JWoods,

Silly, aluminum foil is only good for repelling aliens.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Just noticed this on a video of a JW deaf convention on jwbrothers.org.

http://www.jwbrothers.org/play.php?vid=1470

Towards the end are shown interepreters for deaf/blind. The women interpreting are wearing headcoverings. So, apparently, this has been in place since at least the convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit