Questions From Readers Nov 15th 2009

by dozy 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spike Tassel
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't know if it ever appeared in print, but what about the sisters meeting for field service arrangements?

In my congo, the rule was that if no 'qualified' brother was there to conduct the meeting for FS, then a sister would do so. She was not allowed to stand in front of the group, or to instruct, just read the text, perhaps they could practice a 'demo', say a prayer and off they would go. The 'conductor' of the group had to wear a head covering, and sit in the chairs not facing the group, so as not to take on the position of a teacher. So it was all done with her back to the group!

I was shocked when I first heard of this goofy interpretation, but obviously never saw it in action, since I was a 'qualified brother'. But the sister who related it to me seemed somewhat embarrassed by the requirements she had to submit to in this.

It was at this point that I understood the level of disrespect the organization had for women carrying most of the load in the 'preaching' work.

Jeff

• nelly136
    nelly136

the best thing i saw on anyones head was a pair of Yfronts grabbed off a washing pile. a great symbol of respect and subjection lol

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So what happens if a women is having cancer treatments and she loses all her hair and she go's to the meeting with out hair and she has to do something that requires a head covering. Could she wear a wig of hair for a head covering?

LD

• VM44
    VM44

Jesus never said anything about women wearing a head covering.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

First century JW women's power prayer group.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

When I used to sign in our congregation (I taught myself how to do a pretty rustic sign english for two deaf "friends" who were struggling to read lips of brothers with mustaches. :( ) Later they changed it so you couldnt sign certain things..like the public talks...unless you were a male because you were teaching. And then they made it so that the MEN could count TIME for signing the public talk but WOMEN COULDNT DO IT.

Pissed me off royal. Had to quit when they regulated the crap out of it and only ASL was allowed and only THAT when you went to society regulated classes to learn their particular SIGNS so you didnt do things that were pagan.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to ldrnomo:— 1 Corinthians 11:6 states For if a woman does not cover herself let her also be shorn; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.

• Mary
    Mary

My apologies Dozy.......I didn't read the title of your thread. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on a scan of this and I'll post it here.

• Jebster
    Jebster

Forget the yarmulkes…. Fedora’s anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit