Anyone heard of Watchtower policy change concerning pedophiles

by Robert_V_Frazier 203 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well I have read all eight pages and am astounded by some of the feelings of the people here. That is the pro feelings for JWs GB members and Pedophiles and elders. I can't believe that some of these people are so with out conscience.

Never mind the Bible or some old antiquated law written by Moses over 4 thousand or more years ago to the Jews. Wake up this is the 21st. Century. I live no longer under that law and Christ fulfilled that law with the two greatest commands of loving God with every part of our being and to love our neighbour as ourselves so any two person rule is non applicable since Christ fulfilled it. However the essence of the law is with in the laws of love of God and neighbour. Surely love of God and fellow man should prevent any one from doing injury of anykind unto a fellow Christian their familes or their chidren or your own children. They are an inheritance from God. To love and cherish and protect with all of your being.

However in these particular proven cases of pedophilia nothing has been done. What disgust, what disdain I have for this organization that professed its purity and cleanliness within its organization. Imagine my shock when first learning of this filth that was happening in the organization and was being covered up. It sickened me beyond words. My uncle is a pedophile and I would also say the same of another uncle to but he didn't get to far as I pulled back from him everytime. He use to scare me especially when he took me out alone in his boat in the middle of the lake. The first uncle had incest with his two beautiful childern these children were so sweet and my heart ached for them, I havent seen hide nor hare of them since those years in the mid seventies.

I can only imagine the horrors and memories they live with each and every day. I have tried to find them but haven't yet found them. Perhaps they don't want to be found. I just want to make sure that they are somewhat okay. I despise the henious crimes my uncle did to those wonderful innocent children. He went to prison, but sadly they let him out. as far as I am concerned they should have thrown the key away and let him rot for what atrocities he did to his kids and other kids as well. Funny thing he told my dad that something was wrong in the cong. he said he felt Jehovah's spirit wasn't on the cong. The elders would fight and of course my uncle blamed all the other brothers and accused them of covering up something and yet all along it was him. Finally when it was made manifest because he did it to a neigbhour hood child he was found out about his own children and I guess he didn't deny it. He got caught as they say with his pants down and the rest is history. But my dear cousins are the ones that have me concerned. I just wish I knew if they are okay.

I feel that the WTS has hidden much under her own skirts, let alone what they claim about this so called Babylon the Great.

I think many of you know I returned to the faith of my earlier childhood , the Anglican Faith. The Canadian Diocese does a check up with the police every couple of years to check and see if there is anyone in the parish with positions of responsiblity have any sexual misconduct or charges laid against. This is the screening we do and the parish is always made aware of this and it is also applies to all the parishes of Anglican Faith and Episcopalians our sister church in the USA and other parts of the world.

It may not catch everyone but if it stops some then this is great, and as far as I can see that is what the JW's need to do is do crime checks on elders MS the Congregation Co ordinator. If they had done that then maybe just maybe they wouldn't be fighting for their empire right now. And innocent children wouldn't have gone through the terrible things they \have had to endure.

That is my opinion on the matter. As for family member pedophiles that is a hard call, and sometimes kept secret until someone comes forth. I just hope that the victim comes forth when they are able to go to the police and report it as soon as they are able to. We must take them seriously as children as a rule don't make up these stories and the terminology they use is also a give away them were molested sexually as most young ones don't know these words either.

Barbara and Joe, all I can say to you both is thanks for the courage you had to expose the organization as to this most evil wrongdoing with in the glass WatchTower.

Thanks again

Orangefatcat.

Terry

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Shame you have been so hurt by ones in the truth but it doesnt mean Jah is evil,far from it.

I have never said god was evil. In fact, it was the Christian God, the one whose primary feeling was Love, that caused me to leave Jehovah's Witnesses. My feeling was, and still is, is that any group of people who have a rule that demands a child must have 2 eyewitnesses to prove they were not lying, whilst approaching the offender and accepting a simple denial -- well that is the epitome of evil. Logic suggests, based on what the Christian God says, that any being so loving, so caring about the little ones, could not have anything to do with people who behaved 180 degrees opposite.

Any group of people who protects offenders, whilst harming innocents, cannot be true followers of the God Of Love.

I can truly appreciate how many have handled the truth and its teachings wrong,but many out of love....sadly thats pushed so many of our brothers away yet they have left Jehovah.....what has that proved???

It's proved we can stand up for ourselves, and instead of relying on men who are liars, who care very little for us, we have gone in search of help, found it and are now recovering from the damage Jehovah's Witnesses have done.

How do you know that Jehovah has not sent outside help?

Further, how do you know that these people, who have hurt so many, are not wolves in sheep's clothing? Jehovah judges what people do, how they behave, rather than what they say they believe, isn't that so?

If the nation of Israel left Jehovah, and turned bad, why couldn't that happen today? Surely it is more prudent to rely on Jehovah than an organization of imperfect men.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Why not look for a loving congregation? Surely MOST of them are.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Define loving.

On what factual basis do you make the statement "MOST of them are"?

Please show me how a "loving" congregation which faithfully follows the Society's rules, can be "loving" whilst still demanding a child present 2 witnesses to prove they were raped, and at the same time accepting a simple denial from the offender?

How is it loving to demand so much and so little from another?

Please show me a Biblical example, a principle even, whereby Jehovah sanctions an innocent prove beyond all doubt, whilst the evil one gets away?

Just curious.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Truly every congregation is a "work in progress", but if all we each focus on is OUR individual perspectives and experiences so far regarding the "two witness principle" and not be willing to accept JEHOVAH's perspective (after all, his thoughts are much higher than ours, according to Isaiah 55:8-9) how can we each EVER be reconciled? JW meetings are mandatory in showing that we are in agreement with Jehovah and Jesus Christ, even if we don't understand their ways or what they allow at any particular time, or even if we find ourselves unable to practice all of what we know to live by. Surely each of us who attend is able to LEARN to have a voice, which is why many congregations have many young ones who comment, even often.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Tex the parts you quote from AA refer to me, we go back to when we were very young kids growing up, she caught up with me last week and gave me a call, she knew my family and my ass of a father, she is trying to feel sorry for me, wondering why I've left Jeeehoobah and his organization , blah blah blah, I'm certainly a lot better leaving it! LOL

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Yh we grew up as kids,but i wasnt nor were my family witnesses,my family still arent,I came into the truth 12years ago and Yes i knew your dad and also my family did,lovely guy. When we chatted I told you how i felt towards everyone,I love evryone,you said i should judge people but i cant do that,not because im a witness but because ive never been that kind of person.You seem to attack me for being a witness but im genuinely a calm, life loving person :) Im not feeling sorry for you,dont take things the wrong way,i just understand. You only left the truth because of your dad and you can see clearly that your hurt and angry with your dad...so why leave Jah? Hating Jah doesnt get back at your dad.....

Oh well....guess if you want to remain angry thats fine but its a heavy weight to carry,no one is worth making you so angry that you cant enjoy life.

Your constantly attacking.Anyway regarding do my elders know bout the site,its not an apostate site ive met lots of lovely brothers and sisters on here and even many who arent in the truth have been so kind and polite.Flipper has been lovely,he really kind guy and doesnt attack me,ladylee has been kind also..they dont take things the wrong way.

All the best with all you do,i truly do mean that :)

• fokyc
    fokyc

They will have to change their policies and directives shortly, at least in the UK.

After this report:

London Mill Hill Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses03/10/2008

They were given 1 year to come up with a policy which would satisfy the UK Charities Commission, that was 3rd October of last year, I have heard nothing since.

fokyc

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AA- LOL, I know you mean well , leaving the WTS because of being angry with my father was a very minor contributing factor, lets make a little list shall we of some of the main reason as to why I left

1) The murderous blood policy, and the flip/flop doctrine of allowing organ transplants

2) The WTS policy of letting their own brothers being raped/tortured/imprisoned/murdered in Malawi, yet allowing your Mexican brethren to purchase fake military service exemption certificates

3) The constant failed prophecies for over 100 years that have to be accepted to troof,1874,11914,1919,1935,1944,1975, this generation etc,

4) the destructive ,hateful shunning policy that gods organization forces it's members to do

5) the lovely marriage of the Great Harlot (UN) that the WTS enjoys

6) blatant lies used by the BOE's on my J/C

7) the stock (shares) owned by the WTS in defense companies , thought they are meant to be politically/militarily neutral, yet profiting from the misery and death of those subjected to military attacks

8) The continued condoning and covering up of pedophiles child abusers; see Silent Lambs

9) the long condoning and covering up of 2 active homosexuals who were members of the G/B yet were never D/F'ed just transferred to another hardship posting (Leo Greenlees and Ewart Chitty) with Greenlees continuing his abuse and vile sexual desire till his death.

I could go on

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Spike

Truly every congregation is a "work in progress", but if all we each focus on is OUR individual perspectives and experiences so far regarding the "two witness principle" and not be willing to accept JEHOVAH's perspective (after all, his thoughts are much higher than ours, according to Isaiah 55:8-9) how can we each EVER be reconciled?

Since when are JWs allowed to have an individual perspective? or think independantly? Am I misreading you?

Then it sounds like you think the 2-witness rule should be obeyed in this case because it is in the Bbile and therefore is Jehovah's perspective. Are you agreeing with this? Or am I again misreading you?

JW meetings are mandatory in showing that we are in agreement with Jehovah and Jesus Christ, even if we don't understand their ways or what they allow at any particular time, or even if we find ourselves unable to practice all of what we know to live by. Surely each of us who attend is able to LEARN to have a voice, which is why many congregations have many young ones who comment, even often.

So going to meetings is how JWs show they agree with Jehovah. Even if they don't understand they should obey. And somehow in the midst of all this agreement and aboedience JWs should learn to have their own voice. Again do you not realize individuals have no voice? It is not permitted. You will be accused of "running ahead", having "independant thinking", having an "unwilling spirit", "doubting Jehovah" as well as a whole long list of other things that totally disallow thinking freely much less questioning anything taught in a KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit