Anyone heard of Watchtower policy change concerning pedophiles

by Robert_V_Frazier 203 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

We had a case here in Seattle where a JW (Curtis Thompson) was convicted of rape and murder and the JW's from the Shoreline congregation were still giving reports to the court about what a great guy he is.

The first rule of the WTBS is "cover your ass."

• reniaa
    reniaa

I could be wrong, is it that the conviction itself works as enough to get the df? I know this happenned in the one pedophile witness case I had knowledge of in 25 years I was a witness originally. the Only witness was the daughter but he got a prison sentence through the police that were informed and got df'd after conviction.

Reniaa

• flipper
    flipper

ROBERT_V_FRAZIER- What Big Tex said is accurate. I spoke for over an hour to a 40 year legal representative at Bethel over a year ago and he said the same as Big Tex. I do not believe that the elders have been instructed to forbid child abusers from going door to door in field service. My 84 year old elder dad and my 60 year old elder brother in their own congregation took it upon themselves to call parents with children and warn them of 2 former child molesters attending their congregation - and they told these parents that these former molesters WERE NOT allowed to work with ANY young people in the congregation in service or be alone with any young person. But I think my brother and dad took it upon themselves in a just way to inform these families about the abusers - they weren't given directive by the WT society to do so. Which makes me respect my dad and brother all the more if that was the case

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good point, Flipper.

I issue a call to all lurkers:

If you know about sexual abuse within the organization [and there must be thousands of people who do - some of whom see this forum], please ignore the idiocy of 'two witnesses' and 'waiting on Jehovah'. This child you know of being abused, will be emotionally crippled, perhaps suicidal, and often unable to ever pursue normal human sexuality as a result.

Your simple act of picking up the phone, calling the local police, even anonymously, may save a life. Forget the effect this has on the abuser - you may never see him come to justice - though we hope he does. The main thing is the child - that innocent child whose life is being ruined by bad policy and misapplication of the Bible.

That's all I have to say - please do it right now. Surely Jehovah, if he is looking down, will never have any ill feeling toward those who, like Jesus, show love for the little children.

Peace

Jeff

• sir82
    sir82
    I could be wrong, is it that the conviction itself works as enough to get the df?

I think you are wrong. That is not in print anywhere - not even in any BOE letters.

the Only witness was the daughter but he got a prison sentence through the police that were informed and got df'd after conviction.

Don't know any details of this case, obviously, but my best guess is that the guy got scared about going to prison, confessed to the elders, and then got DF'ed. If the perpetrator confesses, the elders can have a judicial meeting without any witnesses at all.

• flipper
    flipper

AKJEFF- Very well put by you ! I'm in total agreement . I second your recommendation. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Unfortunately forensic evidence is not considered a scriptural witness to the event.

But personal opinions often times rule. I have known of elders restricting privileges on the basis of the statements of a supposed victim of being molested.

• sir82
    sir82
    I have known of elders restricting privileges on the basis of the statements of a supposed victim of being molested.

What a loving provision from the God of justice: Rape a child, and you can no longer carry a microphone in the Kingdom Hall.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

hey flipper I do agree with you...just didnt want Jehovah being shot down as always Just been chatting to jookbeard and had good chats too....

I know your doing whats right,please dont take anything i say the wrong way,thanks

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

AK-Jeff is right Your simple act of picking up the phone, calling the local police, even anonymously, may save a life.

As it has been pointed out on many other threads, child molestation is a crime. We need to "pay Caesar's things to Caesar", in that we are obligated to report these incidents to the police.

Angel eyes, it's one thing to suffer from the unfairness of life, it's entirely different when criminals are permitted to continue preying on the most innocent of the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit