Anyone heard of Watchtower policy change concerning pedophiles

by Robert_V_Frazier 203 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

As long as MTS elders are taught to go and call the Legal Dept at Bethel first upon hearing of an allegation of child molestation (which is still the case) instead of the police, then they are consevative and haven't changed a bit.

Calling the Legal Dept of Bethel first both symbollically and practically puts the needs of the JW organization ahead of the moral obligations that lie upon people to protect children. The children are put 2nd, always, to the needs of the organization.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike, Sola has not brought anything NEW to bear, although it is refreshing for me to read of Sola's honesty as a JW.

Nothing has changed in the official policy on how to handle pedophiles in the last 13 years. Until the Governing Body allows elders to report allegations of sexual abuse and pedophilia to the police, they will continue to bear a massive amount of culpability for the pain that occurs when pedophilia happens in their midst.

What is most disturbing is that the Governing Body has made the few, small changes they have made kicking and screaming every step of the way. At no time have they been motivated by anything more then self preservation. Even the settlement they paid out was no doubt done after realizing that fighting would prolong the expense and negative publicity.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

a few semi-ransom thoughts, or personal musings (all at least indirectly connected) …

Considering that Satan's governments and their justice systems will soon be replaced (as per Daniel 2:44), I see no problem with handling matters Jehovah's way, via spirit and truth. The buy-outs and bribes (etc.) with lawyers and police can result in far worse "justice" than practicing love as Jesus taught. On the other hand, I do feel that maintaining a photo ID register would minimise JWs changing their appearance radically, etc.

By the way, if there really is true love for Jehovah, neighbour, and oneself, each congregation would be a discerning, tight-knit group. Abusers can't stand up under the proper interchange of encouragement, and shepherding in line with Ephesians 4, Hebrews 4:13, and 2 Timothy 4. If the children in the congregation are all freely commenting in their own words, that should indicate that all is well on the home-front.

I think that anyone who wants to become a Pioneer (whether Auxiliary or Regular) should need to take a special course to qualify. The same should apply to those getting married, and to those being considered for publisher (whether unbaptised or baptised), MS, elder, (etc.) just as with becoming a Gilead missionary.

And, just as with a state driver's licence, there should be a mandatory renewal every few years, and a photo ID issued for any authorised in any JW capacity worn on a necklace just as an door-to-door salesman.

• flipper
    flipper

SPIKE TASSEL said, " Considering that Satan's governments and their justice systems will soon be replaced " - How do you know that ? That is just an opinion - not absolute fact. And the Bible at Romans 13 : 1,2 & 4 already has told you witnesses what God's measure for justice is in the world you live in. God has set the superior authorities in place to punish wrongdoers such as child molesters and Jehovah's Witnesses are to cooperate with the enforcing of the punishing laws towards felony child abusers. So, sir- it's already being handled " Jehovah's way " as you call it in the world by secular authorities He backs up. Read your Bible.

You state, " Abusers can't stand up under the proper interchange of encouragement and shepherding " . Absolute bull$hit. As I write this your witness cult has 27,000 former past child molesters roaming around among different congregations across the entire United States ! Seems as if that proper " encouragement " and " shepherding " hasn't done too well in preventing intrusion of child abusers into your ranks I would say.

The only way that child molesters will be stopped is if Jehovah's Witnesses and the WT society stop sticking their heads in the sand and pretending there isn't a huge hidden problem ! Ignorance and denial are bliss to some people. All your PR and wishful thinking on behalf of the witnesses and WT society doesn't make anything you say true or correct.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

2 Timothy 3:5 mentions those "having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

True godly devotion causes true repentance and the person is thus a Full-Time Jehovah's witness, his mind and heart now exclusively devoted to Jehovah God. With the full suit of armor from Jehovah, any wrong tendencies will be kept out, for Jehovah MAKES his own stand, as the Scriptures bear out.

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To: Big Tex

You said:

Forgive me, since you asked me, let me ask you in return -- What changes, if any, would you make to how Jehovah's Witnesses deal with child abuse?

I actually LOVE the policy you outlined. Good job!

You mentioned earlier you were comfortable with the two witness rule, I am curious to know if you feel it is a rule that is easily ignored or abused to the detriment of the victim.

I don't have solid stats to say one way or the other. (Their are over 7 million JWs). But my gut feeling from cases I've been directly involved in and from JWs I have talked to about this is this:

Good Elders find a way to make a case stick using the "2 witness" rule. Lazy Elders &
    Elders Gone Wild take the easy way out or worse: ATTACK the Victim.

And if you ever find yourself in the wilds of Texas, and you don't mind hanging out with an evil, wicked, hateful apostate, I'd like to split a bottle of wine with you and have a conversation.

Technically you are not DF'd or Disassociated, so I think I can slip that by the Gestapo

Until then... here's a virtual one.

I would say "Cheers", (but you know us JWs hate clanking glasses together for some reason)

Take Care Chris,
    -Sola

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sola - I will say this. You are sincere, while still seriously immersed in the cult. Unfortunately, reform does not work within these tightly wound control groups. It never has. Ask Olin Moyles and company. Ask the IBSA. Ask AJWRB membership.

The organization is self committed. Until you recognise that, you will beating your head against a tree. That tree will make you bloody and bruised over time, but it will not be changed by your sincere efforts. But you will be. Thank God for that, for it is that sort of thing that has brought all of us to the point in time we are, even you.

Once I stood back, observed my bloody pulp on the trunk, and the tree intact and continuing it's wrong position and approach, I finally decided that it was me that had to change.

I do find it curious though, that you have no problem clinking cyber glasses here all day with avowed apostates, but would have a problem clicking one in real with those of us who are DF'd or DA'd. That is just a label. I doubt that Jehover would care one way or the other if that 'sharing' was here on an apostate website, or in a bar somewhere. Though I understand fully, since I was there not too long ago myself. Nowadays, though, I realize that the true brotherhood is not the one that resides at the Kingdom Hall, but those who have fled, including those who have faded, DA'd, been DF'd or are playing along for the sake of family. I would clink a glass to all of them, and you too. You are one of us, my friend. You just haven't stood on the other side of the glass and seen the reflection yet.

Cheers.

Jeff

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To AK - Jeff

you said:

Sola - I will say this. You are sincere

Thank you. I really appreciate that!

I do find it curious though, that you have no problem clinking cyber glasses here all day with avowed apostates...

I answer that question in detail here

Take Care Jeff,
    -Sola

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To AndersonsInfo:

Let's continue our discussion over here:

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

forensic evidence that leads to a conviction is allowed as the second witness from what I know.

Reniaa

And don't you know from which part of the Governing "Body" they can collect the DNA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit