what is best evidence against noah's flood?......

by oompa 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

keep it simple if possible........i like the ice core samples.........thanks, this was not my big issue but i may be able to use it.......oompa

feel free to direct me to another thread btw.....

or maybe i should read the second page of Olins thread!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, simple enough- the ice core samples.

Otherwise, the number one reason it could not have worked was the fact that all that water in the sky would have created an atmospheric pressure that would prevent all life. It could not have been there.

Animal life in Australia getting from the ark to an isolated island. I guess the ark made a detour before landing on Ararat but Moses forgot to mention it.

How about fresh water and salt water life that cannot survive in the other. What, were there pockets of each? How?

An earth covered with water does not explain the mountain ranges. Equal pressure on all the land pushing down does not cause some areas to massively push up, and they know the vast majority of mountains are not volcanic.

Sorry if I took all the good ones.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

This site has some good flood stuff. Simple article with photos.

http://home.entouch.net/dmd/hardgrounds.htm

(Can't seem to get it to insert it as a link sorry)

Hopscotch

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Here's three. Aboriginals, babies, and kangaroos:

• villabolo
    villabolo

I don't know about a best or simple answer but such a flood would, by mixing salt water with fresh poison the soil. Therefore it would be hard for Noah and family to grow crops to sustain themselves. Eating the animals would be out of the question, at least for decades, because there weren"t enough of them (7 pairs of "clean") for 8 people. They would need time to reproduce. Even the animals would starve in the bleak and desolate post flood landscape. It would take too long for the plants that feed them to grow before the animals starve (assuming the plants could grow).

villabolo

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

1 . The impossibility for a group people going around the world collecting every species of wildlife including all birds and insects,

and then bring them back to a central location and not have a specie die in the process , biologically impossible due to the need

for the exact food and temperature indigenous to that species original environment

2. The impossibility for the earth to be covered completely with water right to the highest peak of any mountain

by raining for only 40 days , geographically impossible given the depths of the oceans and the height of the tallest mountains

It was just one of many stories told by the ancients to instill fear and awe of the power of their god,

different cultures too told stories of the mightiness of their god or gods.......Homerovah The Almighty has spoken

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

This guy's letters to the Society about the flood are really good. I liked the questions in this one.

http:/www.watchtowerletters.com/Second_letter_to.html

Hopscotch

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Can you imagine the smell on that boat?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

http:/www.watchtowerletters.com/Second_letter_to.html

Made clickable for my own convenience.

EDIT: Meh. Not working.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

OK, now that I've read the article WOW! Everyone on earth should read this. Awesome stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit