what is best evidence against noah's flood?......

by oompa 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods

Can't argue with that, can ya?

Sort of like a buddy of mine who believes in flying saucers so badly that he almost cries when I tell him it is preposterous that they should have the ability to navigate across the galaxy, have a cloaking device that would put a Romulan starship to shame,

-- and then carelessly show navigational lights from time to time letting humans see them.

His answer? "We simply cannot understand the Alien mind or why they do what they do"

• Rabbit
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hmmm...the article didn't copy. There is simply NO WAY 8 people could have ID'd, collected, fed and provided habitat for these animals for even a short period of time. Here's an excerpt and link to read the whole article:

http://animals.about.com/b/2007/08/13/how-many-species-on-earth.htm

Some Rough Estimates of Species Numbers

The estimated number of animals on our planet falls somewhere in the vast range of 3-30 million species (Erwin 1983, Wolosz 1988). How do we come up with that estimate? Let's take a look at some groups of animals to see how many species fall within the various categories.

If we were to divide all animals into two groups, invertebrates and vertebrates, an estimated 97% of all species would be invertebrates. Invertebrates include animals that lack backbones such as sponges, cnidarians, molluscs, platyhelminths, annelids, arthropods, and insects, to name just a few. Of all invertebrates, the insects are by far the most numerous. There are so many species of insects that scientists have yet to discover them all, let alone name or count them. Estimates of the total number of insect fall in the range of 1 to 30 million. The vertebrates represent the remaining 3% of all species and include species that are the most familiar to us: amphibians, reptiles, birds, fishes, mammals.

The list below provides estimates of the number of species within various groups of animals. The indentation levels in the list below reflect the taxonomic relationships between organisms. This means that the number of invertebrates includes all the groups that are below it in the hierarchy (sponges, cnidarians, etc.). Since not all groups are listed below, the number of a parent group is not necessarily the sum of child groups.

Animals: estimated 3-30 million species
    |
    |--Invertebrates: 97% of all known species
    | `--+--Sponges: 10,000 species
    | |--Cnidarians: 8,000-9,000 species
    | |--Molluscs: 100,000 species
    | |--Platyhelminths: 13,000 species
    | |--Nematodes: 20,000+ species
    | |--Annelida: 12,000 species
    | `--Arthropods
    | `--+--Crustaceans: 40,000 species
    | |--Insects: 1-30 million+ species
    | `--Arachnids: 75,500 species
    |
    `--Vertebrates: 3% of all known species
    `--+--Reptiles: 7,984 species
    |--Amphibians: 5,400 species
    |--Birds: 9,000-10,000 species
    |--Mammals: 4,475-5,000 species
    `--Ray-Finned Fishes: 23,500 species

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The reason I don't argue these things with people that believe that the flood was global is because they al l, eventually, fall back on the "God made it so" and you can't "win" any argument when it gest to that point.

The stories of Floods are close to universal in the ME area, even the ealry stories of Gilgimesh mention a flood.

• wobble
    wobble

Ray Franz has an interesting essay on the flood,available free on the Commentary press site ,I believe.

Love

wobble

• minimus
    minimus

BADBOY

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just off to the side of this subject - did the Watchtower invent that silly "cloud canopy thing" down to the point that up until the flood nobody ever even saw a clear blue sky, let alone a rainbow?

Or, did they just borrow it from some other fundie group?

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just off to the side of this subject - did the Watchtower invent that silly "cloud canopy thing" down to the point that up until the flood nobody ever even saw a clear blue sky, let alone a rainbow?

Or, did they just borrow it from some other fundie group?

• JWoods
    JWoods

crum... want me to post it yet again, just for effect?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wobble,

Any way to get Ray's commentary here? is it availble for download?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit