what is best evidence against noah's flood?......

by oompa 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In Chinese Noah is Chang.

;)

I am pretty sure that the shaolin monks kept the flood waters at bay with their Chi.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Anthropologists generally reject this view and highlight the fact that much of the human population lives near water sources such as rivers and coasts,

where unusually severe floods can be expected to occur occasionally and will be recorded in tribal mythology.

Is it wonder that most cultural mythology regarding where their gods reside is up in the sky, with the sun being the most chosen

object .

Thankfuly we now know that thunder and lightning is also caused by the anger of the gods as well and the stars seen at night are god's army of angels.

See I can BS too.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I am pretty sure that the shaolin monks kept the flood waters at bay with their Chi.

The reflected moon is a theme which occurs in many koans.

Chiyono studied Zen for many years under Bukko of Engaku...still she could not attain the fruits of meditation. At last one moonlit night she was carrying water in an old wooden pail strung with bamboo. The bamboo broke, the bottom fell out of the pail. At that moment she was set free.

She said - "No more water in the pail, no more moon in the water"

<perhaps some witnesses (indeed others) should reflect on the differences between illusion and reality>

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Guy's, you're all missing the point.......Jehovah used miracles for everything. The reason why the book of Genesis doesn't talk about any of these miracles (other than God made it rain for 40 days & 40 nights) is that he used so many of them. If all were documented, Genesis would have had 987 chapters!!!

You know I'm joking, right?

But the simple truth of the matter is that what I stated above is exactly what people infected with Reniaalogicitis will say.

As Java so neatly put, "2 + 2 = 7 because the Bible tells me so".

• inkling
    inkling
    but Chinese history (written history) went back literally hundreds of years before this date - naming their emporers, events, and even verifiable celestial observations such as eclipses.

Check. Mate.

[inkling]

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

My favorite is a kitchen science type of experiment, where you challenge a flooder to have a salt water and fresh water aquarium, then put any species of their choice to spend a day in one, then swap the for a day. If both species still live after two days, we can talk further about their flood being literal. No flooder has ever gotten past that point with me.

Short of that experiment, get a flooder to explain the bristlecone pine.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Then there is always the Australia argument...how did all the Marsupial species end up in Australia, and only in Australia?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God put them there.

:P

• JWoods
    JWoods
    God put them there.
    :P

LOL. OK, I will take the bait - WHY?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Why Not? He's God, that's how he rolls !
    LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit