KH Games

by cantleave 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cantleave
    cantleave

Even though my attandance at meetings is lessening, I still have to attend so as not to lose my income, friends and family. I've started playing games to make the meetings go faster, for example, I have started annoying the hall servant by making silly requests such as asking him to turn the aircon on, then 10minutes later saying things like , "Thanks for that but it looks like sister elderly is getting cold - she has just put her jumper on". I also look for brothers and sisters who haven't got one or the books or the OKM and make a real meal at getting one to them (its amazing how much noise you can make fumbling around the literature cupboard).

I am running out of ideas, can anyone else suggest something to to take the dullness out of the meetings. Remmber the more audacious the better, I can still get away with giving instructions to MS's etc.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry I posted this under the wrong heading

• White Dove
    White Dove

Raise you hand for a comment and ask what the question was again. There is always the loud fart that can be really interrupting with people trying not to laugh. Yes, bodily function noises are always good ways to interrupt the meeting. Sneeze or belch really loudly. Pretend you have Tourette's syndrome and do whatever you want...swearing maybe?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Giggle every time the speaker says a certain word.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The only game I know is the clapping game which best for district conventions.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

We used to listen intently to the brother giving counsel to anyone giving a talk in the Kingdom Ministry School. We would sit and judge him by the counsel he was giving. We would score him on his 'gesturing', his fluency and whatever else was the 'work on' for the person having the talk. One brother was great at giving counsel harshly to everyone, no matter how well they did, even if it was a child, but couldn't get through a whole sentence without saying, "Em, eh,......you know"....etc. He was rubbish!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I used to keep track of how many times the speaker's grammer was off. Not that I'm an English scholar, but the education level usually rears it's ugly head.

The School overseer was the worst. Him just getting through a sentance bordered on miraculous. I remember one day he gave council on fluency. He could not form a sentence. I was giggling and shaking while my wife dug her nail into my arm. I just remember him saying "And when talking, u should uh uhm, talk....good". A classic moment

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Bring a notebook, pretend to be taking notes and work on a novel. Make the characters based loosely on the people around you. Perhaps a post-apocalyptic, zombie GB survival story?

• parakeet
    parakeet

I used to tear out pages of the WT and Awake and make origami animals from them to give to small, restless children. Got me and the children through some mighty dull meetings.

• meangirl
    meangirl

Sometimes before I faded I would look at the pictures in the publications of the squeaky clean witnesses being pictured and make up dirty things they would be gesturing about or saying. Like in one picture it showed a Japanese brother talking to an American brother and me and hubby made the Japanese brother saying "So you can get me dirty Amercian girl?".........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit