Why don't you just take it like a man?

by AK - Jeff 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Darling, you are the one pissing on this and Jeff's other topic.

Step off sweetcake.

Josie

• journey-on
    journey-on

Explain please. I didn't realize a difference of opinion was the same as pissing on a topic. Please explain, sweetcakes.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Lola - you make a solid point. One that I have very clearly understood for a very long time.

What I am speaking about is the power we have - not the power they have.

Please hear me out. The Watchtower society does not like bad publicity. What corporatation does? If every Jw that was expelled/left/Da'd or whatever, stood up and said as publicly as he/she could, that they are not going to be treated like shit, there would be enough media ears or other ears that it would soon get back to Brooklyn as 'bad business'.

I mean, yes, they are controlling us when we are angry and shout out - they are still affecting us. But they are controlling us also if we don't get angry and shout out too! We are then just humbly saying [from their perspective] that we deserve what they dish out to us, we are unworthy of normal treatment by their membership.

And when we take deliberate action - by not allowing their bullshit in our cases - and there are a hell of a lot of ways to do that - we might actually affect what they do - in which case we are in charge for once - not them!

Once they get the message - when it starts affecting their reputation enough - they can clean up that reputation with 5 paragraphs in the next issue of the Watchtower. Even if Brooklyn changes nothing, but we make it embarrassingly difficult for the locals to show us dishonor that we have not honestly earned - that may slowly begin to bend the opinions of individual Jw's enough that they may let up.

They want us to act like we have bad treatment coming. We don't. It is injustice. People all over the world have, over centuries of time, found ways to make the totalitarians that wanted to hold them in derision Listen.

That's the point I am making. Don't lie down and take it - that gives them as much control as getting angry does - but anger raises attention, and eventually might have an effect. Lying down like a meek little 'go ahead and beat me up for I must deserve it' sheep, just keeps the status quo.

You see me as angry - if you ask anyone around me - you will find that I am not at all angry. Words are powerful. The way they are expressed on this forum is powerful. The way they are expressed in public when being shunned is powerful. Revolutions always begin with a pen - not a sword.

I am not angry - but I can damned well convince you I am at times. It has a purpose. I want people to be mad - controlled anger has to sizzle below the surface of any revolution.

I have no idea if any of this is getting thru. When I finish typing these words no emotion remains in my heart. Words are powerful. If the Watchtower society believes that it cannot get away with it [like they could no longer get away with some of it's doctrines because of exposure here on the internet], at that point the control has shifted, from them to us.

Jeff

• lola28
    lola28

I asked what was a totally valid question, he was asking for “respect” from an organization that he claims to have disdain for and it made me wonder why anyone would be so needy to get that from a group of people he dislikes and has no respect for.

Was that clear enough pumpkin?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Lola - The 'organization' has no idea I exist. It is individuals that can chose to show respect to each other, even if they don't like each other. That is accomplished by what I stated above.

Jeff

• flipper
    flipper

My theory on this is I tend to reverse the pressure BACK ONTO antagonistic members of the Jehovah's Witness cult. Like Journey On said she does in stores- so do I. I won't let them shun me. I won't acknowledge their crazy a$$ rules. I've been inactive and fading for 6 years- I see some witnesses who used to know me in stores - one checkout clerk stood in line the other day and right in front of me getting coffee she ignored me , so standing 2 feet from her I said, " Hi ! How are you doing ? " She curtly said " Fine. " And turned away to await her coffee. But the point is I TRIED to be a good person and not let THEIR actions dictate how I act as a human. In fact, it shows them up to be the boorish devils that they are.

Another incident- My oldest daughters witness mother in law parked face to face to me about 10 feet away ! She was walking to get into her car and she saw me get out of my vehicle. She would not have said a WORD - but I spoke up to her with a smile , " Hey ! Is that my daughters mother in law ? How are you doing ? " She said in an annoyed manner , " Alright . " I asked, " How's your husband doing ? " As she got in her car and slammed her door quickly she said with a scowl, " Alright. "

Any opportunity I get - I will expose the outlandish, disrespectful behavior of mean spirited witnesses . But I stay civil in the process ! It's kind of fun and hilarious to watch them scurry around like mice . But it takes the control stick out of their hands and puts the control of the situation back in my hands . To witnesses everything is about control. They can't stand not controlling situations. They are programmed to be that way. Sorry you have gone through this crap Jeff, we have all been there

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Precisely my point, Flip. Thanx for the examples.

I do the same. No one seems to be getting that point. I should not have to take what they shove out since I don't deserve it. If I were a serial murderer I would understand it. I am not.

Too many take it like a man, and it feeds into the Watchtower's hands.

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I totally understand. I have to deal with a father who thinks I'm dangerous and living some kind of deranged life when I actually live a quiet sedate life trying to raise my kids and take care of a sick hubby.

You have the right to express your frustration in the way you see fit Jeff. IMHO, it's better to let it out by talking to friends, loved ones or even a message board than keeping it in and letting it simmer.

Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Journey-on, I was in no way directing my comments to you. I'm sorry if you thought so.

Josie

• lola28
    lola28

Jeff,

I suppose that’s where you and I differ; I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t care what they say/think of me. I know why I left, I know that I’m a moral person, and I’ve done nothing to deserve being shunned, I can hold my head high, if they chose to ignore me or have nothing to do with me, that’s fine, they have the right to do that, their loss, not mine. The way I see it I have clean hands in all of this, I’ve never disrespected them, I’ve never been malicious towards them and I’m the better for it, I can say that at least I’ve done my best to treat them the way I want to be treated and that’s more than enough for me. I’m only responsible for my actions not theirs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit