• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I'm afraid to, Jerry.

Can letter bombs be concealed in PM's?

Jeff

• under_believer
    under_believer

Born in.

Baptized at 14. Late 1980's. No direct peer pressure, just an invisible hand moving me to take the next step and join all my friends. Father was an elder, mother was a pioneer. 90% of the group I hung with had already taken the dunk. What else was I going to do?

In the process of fading now. Completely inactive. Neither shunned nor liked. Shunning will come later as things progress.

When did I get a choice?

For that matter, suppose I hadn't gotten baptized and decided to leave. How many of those childhood friends would I still have? How eager would my family be to talk to me? Baptism really isn't the issue here. Leaving is the issue.

The shunning/avoidance/implied or overt judgment/thinly veiled contempt/pitying sadness will come regardless. Like clockwork.

I DID know what would happen. I expected it and it didn't surprise me. That doesn't mean I deserve it. It doesn't mean I am supposed to like it.

There is some merit, though, to the concept of getting on with one's life. They only have as much power over you as you are willing to give them. Forgetting all about them--going through an entire day without them coming to mind--this is a rare treasure which I covet and cherish when it occurs.

• lola28
    lola28

Jeff,

At this point it doesn’t matter what you want. You deserve better than to be shunned but you won’t get any better treatment from your life long “friends”, you know this, I know this. Is it right, fair, humane? Nope. But you can’t change the way the organization treats people who DA. Yeah you might expect better treatment and you may be very vocal about how you feel but they will simply view you as a crazy apostate and go on their way. You may not see it but sir, your posts show so much anger that it’s hard not to feel sorry for you.

Lola

• journey-on
    journey-on

lola28 is pretty much right, imo. When you choose to leave, you KNOW what is going to happen. That's why some folks CHOOSE not to leave. So they spend their lives in a lie, but at least their family and friends will talk to them. That's their choice. We are all different and make different choices. That's why some da and some fade and some do something to get df'd! Differences. Priorities.

Jeff, there are some in my area that attempt the shunning thing with me although I have never been df'd. I simply don't allow it. When I see one of them in the store, I walk right up to them with a smile and begin a conversation. If they act cold, I just act like I don't notice it. I'm a happy person, and by God, they are going to see that. They are NOT going to see anger, bitterness, or unhappiness. They are going to SEE ME as I am.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm with you AK - absolute bullshit. The person who said it, have they "faded"?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

But you can’t change the way the organization treats people who DA.

Lola, that sort of reasoning is precisely why the Org are able to continue treating DAd folk like myself and my wife the way they do.

Why do so many exJWs - faded or otherwise (although I suspect it's the faders more than any other group) - need the WTS to be so powerful?

• lola28
    lola28

I was the person who made that comment in his previous thread and I have faded. Okay Password, what do you suggest we do to change the way the organization treats DA’ed and DF’ed people? Should we write a strongly worded letter to the folks at Bethel to tell them just how mean they are?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nothing is gained by telling someone to shut up about it already. If the complaining and commiserating gets to you cuz you want a fake happy happy joy joy life suck it up and read some other goddamn topic.

Geez!

Josie

• lola28
    lola28

And who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    fake happy happy joy joy life
    Who's faking? If you are referring to me, Josie, you've read me wrong. My life is not without heartache and problems, but I really am happy and when I run into a JW I know, they can see it. I refuse to look all down in the mouth and dejected and rejected. I pisseth upon them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit