I need some good sriptures & reasoning to refute Jesus = Michael Archangel

by androb31 236 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

what's the problem with John 17:11 as the basis for the scriptural trinity? There are composite persons elsewhere, such as the Man of Lawlessness, the Faithful & Discreet Slave, and Christ's Bride. Why not the holy spirit as a composite person? It looks to be there to me.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike, John 17:11 is Jesus asking his father to keep them ( his followers) in the name God has Given Jesus so they can be ONE just as WE are one.

We being subject to interpretation but in terms of grammer, WE = Father and Son, God and Jesus.

Not sure what you mean in regards tot he HS, though it can be interpreted as WE ( FATHER, SON and HS) is you want to, I guess.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

John 17:11 is fine Spike. I see Jesus as God there. A good answer to those who ask why the Divine name is 'missing' from the NT. It is not, it is there in the person of Jesus.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Isaac,

Quite, unless someone rejects the New Convenant...

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the followers, as I understand it, can be taken as the "holy spirit", which is why the JW baptismal questions are worded as they are.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

There really isn't much to add. The WT teaches very cleary that Jesus was just a man. Nothing more.

INCARNATION NULLIFIES THE RANSOM
    One of the cardinal teachings of the Bible is the ransom. Sin and death came upon mankind when a perfect man, Adam, transgressed Jehovah’s law. For obedient mankind to be released from the condemnation of sin and death, a ransom must be paid. It must be the exact equivalent of the perfect man Adam, for God’s law requires exactness: "You must give soul for soul, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot." So for Jesus to provide the ransom he must be a perfect man, no more, no less. 4/15 1956 wt

However, Jesus said He came down from heaven. If anything (like a life force) came down, Jesus is that part angel.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

totally worng and unBiblical Spike. The followers are the temple of the Holy Spirit, NOT the Holy Spirit. And there is no limit to those whom the Holy SPirit indwells.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wasn't Paul that said that the HS will dwell in all that say and beleive that Jesus is Lord (Paraphrasing)?

And that ALL that believe and say thet Jesus is Lord will have the SEAL of the HS ?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

it was

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Paul, what a crazy apostate !!

LOL !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit