I need some good sriptures & reasoning to refute Jesus = Michael Archangel

by androb31 236 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    However when making reference to anything written in the bible, an "uninspired" testament or "writing" should never be brought in to give weight to a matter in question.

Even when that Bible passage (the only place in the Bible where Michael is called an "archangel") is itself alluding to an "uninspired" writing?

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Even when that Bible passage (the only place in the Bible where Michael is called an "archangel") is itself alluding to an "uninspired" writing?

In certain circumstances we need to use our power of reasoning. Not everything written in the bible is plain and laid out in black and white so-to-speak. That is why there are so many different variations of Christianty. A book that was written giving reference to the beginning and end (Alpha and Omega) had to be written in a way that it could make reference to all ages (eras). It is written we have been given partial until that which is complete arrives. Therefore our sole desire should be to worship The Almighty GOD and follow His commandments and put faith in HIM always.

the slave

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

In certain circumstances we need to use our power of reasoning. Not everything written in the bible is plain and laid out in black and white so-to-speak. That is why there are so many different variations of Christianty. A book that was written giving reference to the beginning and end (Alpha and Omega) had to be written in a way that it could make reference to all ages (eras). It is written we have been given partial until that which is complete arrives. Therefore our sole desire should be to worship The Almighty GOD and follow His commandments and put faith in HIM always.

True. It would be unwise to put faith in any men, especially men who are too lazy or inept to devote themselves to serious scholarship of these matters and hide away in secret chambers doing unseen rituals.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry guys, I'll just crawl back into my hole. I couldn't help it.

Cheers

Chris

• Chalam
    Chalam

Wow! This is still going on? According to scripture Jesus CANNOT be Michael, Gabriel, or any other angel.

Read Hebrews 1:5 and 1:13:

I agree. Unfortunately many people can't read the bible and see the simple truth of what is written. The WT have programmed their minds to understand something contrary to what is on the actual page. All the best, Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Trevor,

Of course its stillgoing on, why not?

Debating scripture is fun, we all like to do it deep down.

The fact that first chapter of Hebrews was wriiten to address that very issue of Jesus being an angel( NOT), is too simple, we need more complexe isue my friend, taking scripture thatis plainly stated woudl mean that there would be no need for all that WT literature, LOL !

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The argument could certainly be made that Jesus and Michael are the same person, just different roles.

If you remember the TV show/movie The Hulk, you saw the same person change his appearance totally, he grew, and even his skin color changed. Then later, before the end of the show, he would revert back to his normal self.

Maybe this is what happens in the Jesus / Michael debate. Perhaps Jesus gets more muscles and takes on his role as warrior as Michael. Then later, he changes back to the normal Jesus.

Hope this helps.

Rub a Dub

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So life force = gama rays !

Sweet !!!!

Jesus saves, but Michael smasshes !!!!

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi trevor

interestingly weird translation you use there but other majority translations show the truth of what is a actually question.

Hebrews 1:5 (New International Version - UK)

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

You are my Son; today I have become your Father?

Or again,

I will be his Father, and he will be my Son?

the answer is Jesus

but for confirmation this chapter is talking about Jesus and angels yes? look at 9 further along

Hebrews 1:9 (New International Version)

9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

who are Jesus's companions/fellows that he has been anointed above? it could only be the angels who originally he was among as this scripture shows.

here's a quick summation on why Jesus is michael

In Daniel 12 we see that:
    Michael 'stands up' at the end of the world powers in behalf of his people.

In Daniel 7 we see that:
    Jesus gains rulership at the end of the world powers in behalf of his people.

In Daniel 12 we have:
    Michael 'stands up' at the conclusion of the system
    And there occurs a 'time of distress such as has not been made to occur' ever.

In Matthew 24 we have:
    At the time of Jesus' presence and the conclusion of the system
    'there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred' ever.

Rev 12 tells us that:
    1. Michael has authority over angels (no one else but Jesus has such authority).
    2. Michael ousted Satan from heaven thus contributing to his crushing.

Many scriptures tell us that:
    1. Jesus has authority over angels (no one else but Michael has such authority).
    2. Genesis 3:15 tells us that Jesus, the seed would crush Satan.

Jude 9 tells us that:
    Michael is the archangel.

Thess 4:16 tells us that:
    Jesus has an archangel's voice.

Daniel 12:1 calls Michael the great prince. The son of the great king is the great prince. The king of course is Jehovah.

Isaiah 9:7 calls Jesus the Prince of Peace. Can it be denied that Jesus is the great prince? Can it be denied that Michael is the great prince?

Reniaa

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's a quick summation on why Jesus is God and not Michael.

Hebrews 1

6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

"Let all God's angels worship him." 7 In speaking of the angels he says,
    "He makes his angels winds,
    his servants flames of fire." 8 But about the Son he says,
    "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
    and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

Yes the Father calls Jesus "O God" and all the angels worship Him.

The NWT tampers with that verse since the WT demoted Jesus.

"New light" or new lies?

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit