I need some good sriptures & reasoning to refute Jesus = Michael Archangel

by androb31 236 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

so, then, I got it right AFTER all, just before I met JWs at the door, when I was still 21.

• isaacaustin
  • Chalam
    Chalam

Spike Does any scripture show us Einstein's law of relativity?

Well the bible isn't a science book per se but God is a scientist as well as an artist, and a musician etc.

See for the "big bang", the beginning of time etc. Genesis 1:1-3

All the best,

Stephen

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

First, prove that He was and is God, and therefore he couldn't be a created angel.

This would be the best place to start: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#20

Then, tackle Hebrews here: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-9.html#46

But there is no need to reinvent the wheel. It's already been done for you at these two links.

JD II

• bohm
    bohm

spike: could you elaborate? good thread

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Without a doubt, Jesus Christ is "Michael the Archangel" by meaning. It is derived from Ishmael who was an Archer. Jesus Christ stands up on behalf of the offspring of Abraham, namely the descendants of "Ishmael". This matter must be made known now and forever. The promised seed is through "Ishmael" and not Isaac. Those of the Islamic faith or Palestinians, are correct as to the promise made by GOD.

Who else but Jesus Christ commands angels and is strong enough to defeat satan and his demons in battle?

7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi´cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

Genesis

5 And your name will not be called A´bram anymore, and your name must become Abraham, because a father of a crowd of nations I will make you.

15 And God went on to say to Abraham: “As for Sar´ai your wife, you must not call her name Sar´ai, because Sarah is her name.

20 And God continued to be with the boy, and he kept growing and dwelling in the wilderness; and he became an archer.

10 Then Jehovah’s angel said to her: “I shall greatly multiply your seed, so that it will not be numbered for multitude.” 11 Further Jehovah’s angel added to her: “Here you are pregnant, and you shall give birth to a son and must call his name Ish´ma·el; for Jehovah has heard your affliction.
    Daniel

21 However, I shall tell you the things noted down in the writing of truth, and there is no one holding strongly with me in these [things] but Mi´cha·el, the prince of YOU people.

1 “And during that time Mi´cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book.

Matthew

20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Compare the name changes and their similarities:

Abram to Abraham
    Sarai to Sarah
    Ishmael to Michael Ichmael = M - ich - ael

the faithful slave

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't see where in ANY of those scriptures it says tha Jesus is an angel, or that Jesus is the archangel Michael, nor doe sit say that Michael is Jesus, nowehere.

Not unless you assume and interpret things in a certain predetermined way, which is basically going BEYOND what is being taught, and we are warned NOT to do that.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

A little food for thought. Can an angel have an angel?

Rev 22:16

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Jesus carries "many" names and all originate with The FATHER in The Heavens. "I and the Father are one".

This is where "angel" is derived. I will include all portions of the name in explanation.

Ishmael = Michael

Archer = Arch

Angel that appeared to Hagar = Angel

Michael Archangel

Jesus Christ in not an angel but a God because he originated directly from GOD. This is the same as a man begats a man (human), and animal begats and animal, etc. etc. By their fruits you shall recognize them. You recognize Michael the Archangel as Jesus Christ by what he accomplishes.......

6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7 To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.

the faithful slave

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Well, in Revelation it is mentioned Michael and HIS angels, so yes an angel can have subordinate angels it seems.

Of course Revelation is,well... no comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit