What Must an Angel Do To Repent?

by cameo-d 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

because of His mercy and long suffering God will ALWAYS forgive a nation of its wickedness if "it" repents. In Nineveh they repented at Jonah's preaching...many years later Nineveh returned to ungodliness and it was destroyed. Nahum 1:14.

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

Cameo-d: I’m really confused with your points.

For clarification purposes I’m simply pointing out certain theological points that are based on the bible, nothing more. I don’t even believe the bible is the word of god, I don’t believe in god. I haven’t been a JW in over 12 years and have no personal interest in defending them if that’s what your insinuating by your comments.

That being said, I’m also fairly well versed as to what the bible says and can logically understand what some of the writers meant. If something makes sense why wouldn’t I point things out according to my own opinion and logic? You may or may not agree with them, that’s your prerogative.

Why are you here?" I enjoy discussing these subjects, just like I enjoy discussing astronomy, oceanography, and a whole lot of different subjects that make up the world around us, even though I am not in those fields of study.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If we learn anything from history, killing a few sheep as sacrifices would be a good start.

Rub a Dub

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I seem to remember something from WT being published that evil angels would have opportunity to repent.

I am wondering if this will be brought up sometime in the near future as WT seems to be revealing that their leadership is coming from "channeling contact" with some sort of spiritual guides.

Will they reveal that the FDS is actually a repentant angel (s) who now desire to set man on the right course?

And what, exactly would that "right course" be?

If an errant angel were responsible for imparting Knowledge to the first couple....what could these angels possibly do to restore what was lost?

In order to return mankind to the "paradise as intended" this knowledge would have to be removed somehow.

It does seem to me that while other agents of these angels continue to bombard us with chemicals to dumb down the brain, (remember all the bowls they are dumping on our heads) that many of these religions are using psych ops to play games and they are somewhat effective.

For instance, a person must go against their natural human instincts to shun family members. Why are JWs accepting these "logical explanations" of WT spins that strip away their natural emotions and feelings"?

The GB ain't that smart. Obviously they are following instructions from some inhuman source.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The Bible speaks of the wicked angels being bound in chains in a place of darkness known in Greek as Tartarus.

In English, the accepted translation for Tartarus is Detroit.

Rub a Dub

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Rubadub: "In English, the accepted translation for Tartarus is Detroit."

Well, I suppose they are "channeling" long distance to Brooklyn now.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'because of His mercy and long suffering God will ALWAYS forgive a nation of its wickedness if "it" repents.'

Back to the original subject, why would he make exceptions w regard to wayward angels, of they repented?? Why the double standard?

S

• Farkel
    Farkel

:News to me. God does not change his mind, as I see it.

Well then, he lied to Abraham when he told him to sacrifice Isaac. If God doesn't change his mind he must always mean what he says. If he told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, God must have meant it. Since he stopped Abraham from doing that, Bible God lied in the first place. It can be no other way, if God does not change his mind.

Now apologists will claim that what God said was a "test." Ok it was a test, but a test based upon God saying something he didn't mean. Therefore, it was a test based upon a lie.

With regards to angels being able to repent. They can repent all they want, but in JW-think they are still screwed.

Farkel

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

There's nothing in scripture that reveals any salvation plan for fallen Angels. The only thing it mentions that they will be casted into the lake of fire after the 1000 year reign in Christ.

Yiz

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Angels were not created in the image of God. Man is special in the sight of God. Angels are not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit