What Must an Angel Do To Repent?

by cameo-d 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Has WT published literature implying that angels might repent and be forgiven?

We all know that god does not accept a simple "I'm sorry."

First of all, god requires two witnesses; then, an investigation asking all your friends and neighbors if the gossip is true. (If it's not, they have just helped to spread it anyway.)

Then there is much more talk and finally a judicial committee.

There must be a judgement of the angels sin. Once judged, that judgement carries a fine or punishment.

There must be a penance.....flagellation, groveling, numerous appeals, etc. you know how it goes.

Then, it also requires a restitution of some kind.

If you were god, how would you make the angels grovel?

What would they have to do to make restitution?

Do you believe this can be done?

• minimus
    minimus

They would get their wings clipped for at least one year.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

In JW mythology, angels do not have the option to repent for the same reason Adam and Eve did not... because they're already perfect. When a perfect being sins, it is a sin of willful disobedience and not one due to weakness or imperfection.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

darklighter: In JW mythology, angels do not have the option to repent for the same reason Adam and Eve did not... because they're already perfect

didn't WT publish some books or lit stating that angels may have the opportunity to make restitution or something like that?

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

I'm prettty sure you're right that they did... but that was back in the Russell/Rutherford era. The "new light" on the matter is what I posted. I always remembered that point because I made a mistake of saying that they could repent in a comment I made when I was a young teenager. "Oh oh oh!!! a kid made a doctrinal error!!! Let's counsel the sh!t out of him!!!"

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that the angels are perfect as Adam and Eve were perfect and after they sin, that's it, eternal destruction is at their door. Humans grow old and die and "bad" angels are going to be killed by Jesus and the good angels.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Angels, because of their natures, cannot repent. Their decisions are final and irrevocable. They will never change their minds. They are not like us. They exist in Eternity.

BTS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Funny, how angels can't change their minds, but god, in whose image they were fabricated, can.

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Funny, how angels can't change their minds, but god, in whose image they were fabricated, can.

News to me. God does not change his mind, as I see it.

BTS

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe you define it differently. I remember God telling Jonah he was going to destroy the Ninevites and then didn't, making Jonah a little peeved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit