New World Translation, is it the best bible translation?

by littlebuddy 177 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......HI chalam

so God changed his mind? he allowed his name to be written 7000 times then without explanation just let it slip out of usage, even though his son says things like.

John 17:25-26 (New American Standard Bible)

25 "O (A) righteous Father, although (B) the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that (C) You sent Me; .....Gods name is`nt in that verse..

26 and (D) I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that (E) the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them." .....Gods name is`nt in that verse..

trinitarians keep God the father nameless yet here Jesus says he has made his name known to them.

Matthew 6:9
    "This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, .....Gods name is`nt in that verse..

again here is Jesus saying FATHER and hallowed be your name.

what name is he refering to? YHWH ......Reniaa,we can tell you wrote that!

So the father's name is YHWH! and so when deut says

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: YHWH our God, is one YHWH. [ a ] Reniaa,you got 1 right..Thats 1 in a row!!

this is where trinity as a doctrine is destroyed completely biblically by Jesus's own words. Jehovah is one Jehovah which is beyond just say there is one God.

Reniaa

Pony ..........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, picking an apple is 100% diffrent than making one! stupid

• Chalam
    Chalam

Reniaa, hear the words of the prophet

Acts 26:14 (New International Version)

14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, [a] 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'

All the best,

Stephen

• reniaa
    reniaa

Okay I'll bite.

Firstly there's DR Jason beduhn "While it is difficult to quantify this sort of analysis, it can be said the NW[T] emerges as the most accurate of the translations compared."
    -Greek Scholar in his book: "Truth in Translation: Accuracy and Bias in English Translations of the New Testament"

Rolf Furuli: "I read the English text of the NWT against the Hebrew text, word for word...the translators of the NWT have been extremely faithful both to their own translation principles and to the Hebrew text."
    -Lecturer in Semitic Languages at Oslo University

S. Maclean Gilmore: "The New Testament edition was made by a committee...that possessed an unusual competence in Greek."
    -Andover Newton Quarterly

Edgar Goodspeed: "I am...much pleased with the free, frank, and vigorous translation. It exhibits a vast array of sound serious learning, as I can testify."
    -Scholar and Bible Translator

Samuel Haas: "This work indicates a great deal of effort and thought as well as considerable scholarship."
    -Bible Scholar in "Journal of Biblical Literature"

Benjamin Kedar: "I find my feeling repeatedly confirmed that [the OT] reflects an honest endeavor to achieve an understanding of the text that is as accurate as possible....Giving evidence of a broad command of the original language...I have never discovered in the New World Translation any biased intent to read something into the text that it does not contain."
    -Professor of Jewish History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and has a Ph'd from Yale

While most of the above scholars do have some criticisms of the NWT but they do not question the abilities of the translators.

SO if these scholars accept the NWT as a valid translation why are you guys trying to make the translators qualifications part of the issue?

You seek to attack the credentials of the translators in order to try to prove that the translation is not valid.

But ACTUAL SCHOLARS some quoted above have examined the translator's work and stated publicly that it was clearly performed by men who understood the original languages well.

Reniaa

• mrsjones5
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..

You are so Lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolf Furuli: "I read the English text of the NWT against the Hebrew text, word for word...the translators of the NWT have been extremely faithful both to their own translation principles and to the Hebrew
    text."
    SO if these scholars accept the NWT as a valid translation why are you guys trying to make the translators qualifications part of the issue?
    You seek to attack the credentials of the translators in order to try to prove that the translation is not valid...........Reniaa

"Rolf Furuli" is a Jehovah`s Witness!!..

DimWit!!

Pony

...................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

It is one of the worst. Proof is here: http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Thanks for the info here Reniaa. I really didn't think you'd provide it. I apologize for my unkind words earlier. I'll do the fair thing now and research what these guys had to say.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FinallyFree..

Reniaa played you..

One of her Unbiased Scholars is "Rolf Furuli"..

A Jehovah`s Witness!!..

I don`t think we would have to dig too deep,to find dirt on the rest of them..

.............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

In the traditions of the NWT translation M.O. I have "restored the original text" in these reviews

Rolf Furuli: "I read the English text of the NWT against the Hebrew text, word for word...the translators of the NWT have been extremely unfaithful both to their own translation principles and to the Hebrew text."
    -Lecturer in Semitic Languages at Oslo University

S. Maclean Gilmore: "The New Testament edition was made by a committee...that possessed an unusual incompetence in Greek."
    -Andover Newton Quarterly

Edgar Goodspeed: "I am...much pleased with the free, frank, and vigorous mistranslation. It exhibits a vast array of unsound learning, as I can testify."
    -Scholar and Bible Translator

Samuel Haas: "This work indicates a great deal of effort and thought as well as considerable unqualified work."
    -Bible Scholar in "Journal of Biblical Literature"

Benjamin Kedar: "I find my feeling repeatedly confirmed that [the OT] reflects an dishonest endeavor to achieve an lack of understanding of the text that is as inaccurate as possible....Giving evidence of a broad lack of authority of the original language...I have never discovered in the New World Translation any unbiased intent."
    -Professor of Jewish History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and has a Ph'd from Yale

All the best!

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit